Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help

/ Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help #1  

Spudland_Dave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 3520 Cab, Deere F935
Just pulled the trigger on a 3520 Cab, R4's, 300cx w/Skid Steer QA & Bucket, 110's in each weel, iMatch, and the Radio Mount Kit...my question is in regards to the Radio Mount Kit...
The dealer will be installing the radio mount and such, I have a nice spare Alpine CD player here which I am planning on putting in.... What should I expect when I get the tractor....they are waiting on the Wheel Weights & Radio Mount Kit, so it will be a little while..I just want to make sure I have everything required so when they deliver it I can get to installing the radio and enjoy tunes ASAP.
Thanks!
Also want to say thanks, I'd been lurking on here for a few months getting an idea on pricing, people's reviews, tips, tricks, etc...

/ Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help #2  
If they install the speakers and the radio "holder" then all they need to do is make sure they install the proper plug...if so then you Alpine should pop right in!

/ Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help
gamble77 said:
...all they need to do is make sure they install the proper plug...

Define "Proper Plug".... the plan is that they install the holder & speakers, etc...so all I have to do is pop it in...
I've done it many times on vehicles and have always bought the correct harness to do the job so I dont have to cut & splice anything on the factory end....I was just wondering if Deere did something similar. I see they use a Delco radio if you buy theirs, so do they use the GM style plugs on the tractor side?

/ Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help #4  
I think it is GM style...the local boys are the radio shop here just know what it is...but as long as you have the right plug everything will be very easy.

Dealer gave me a call this AM saying if I had the radio to just run it down and while he has it apart to install the Radio Mount Kit, he'd just put my radio in for me...
Just in case it helps anyone, the Correct "Radio side" plug is from a VW
Scosche Industries : Car Audio Accessories, iPod Accessories, Bluetooth Wireless Accessories, EFX Hyperformance, Accumat Sound Damping, Soundkase audio backpacks, CD and DVD storage systems
689.10612.300x200.VW01B.jpg

HOPEFULLY I get my tractor soon!

/ Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help #6  
Just started putting in my radio today. Got the speakers in and the head liner back in place. Tomorrow I'll wire the radio and put the top of the cab back on. So far it been pretty simple, just trying not to ding things up.

/ Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help #7  
What speakers did you use?

Are you going to cover them with the headliner fabric or put a standard speaker grille on?

/ Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help #8  
I used the JD speaker and radio mount kit (about $50 with tractor). It came with all hardware two 4x6 speakers and a nice bezel for around the radio. The head liner already has louvers cut into them in the front corners and the hole for the radio is pre punched. You just have to finish cutting it with a utility knife. I'll post pics if anyone is interested.

/ Just Bought a 3520 Cab - Radio Help #9  
3x and 4x JD cab speakers I have seen are invisible from inside the cab. Meaning they are completely covered by headliner material, without any visible louvers, grilles, or other openings. Not the greatest for sound quality.

Wondering how your's are going to be?

I got the JD Radio Kit with a Kenwood CD Player I ended up picking up because the Alpine didnt pan out because of the "Frantic Dealer Call" (CD Player was 300 miles north at my parents place and he wanted the Head Unit ASAP to have the tech install it)...and the sound quality is EXCELLENT IMO...