Price Check JD 790 Price sanity check!

/ JD 790 Price sanity check! #1  

maut9r

Have been lurking here for a while now, well now I have a question to ask!

I have about 4 acres, 1 acre of woods, 2 acres of grass and about 1 acre of drive way (lot's of parking!). I've pretty much settled on the 790, but still looking at others.

2004 JD 790 with 300 loader, R4 tires and only 82 hours. Throw in 60" box blade and 72" rear mount finish mower. They want $13,000 for the whole deal. I'm also thinking about getting a 60" roto-tiller as well which they want $1500 for alone. I'm probably going to offer them $14,000 with the tiller added to the deal.

Does this seem resonable to all you?

Or should I go after a Kubota B2400 with about 1100 hours, belly mower, and Koyker loader for around $10,000?

/ JD 790 Price sanity check! #2  
We've had a JD790 for 10 years. It's been dependable, tried and true, not too big and not too small, sounds just right for your spread. Don't know about the price but as long as you are happy with what you get, that's what counts.

/ JD 790 Price sanity check! #3  
According to the JD sight a 3005 (790) with 300 loader is $15359. You could probably get at least 1K off of that. The rest is hard to say, price can vary considerably depending upon brand/build quality.

What condition is the tractor in? (I've had mine 5 months and it has 47 hours, 82 is practically new) Are there any financing advantages to buying new that you would use?

If the tractor is in reasonable shape, I'd think yes. The ones I saw in GA last October had a lot more hours on them for about that price. (that was without the BB and finishing mower). Plus I'd have had to drive 100 miles to get it.

/ JD 790 Price sanity check!
Pulled the trigger today! Got the tractor, 300 loader, 72" Frontier finish mower, 60" Frontier Box Blade and 60" Woods tiller for $14,000. Tractor is in nearly perfect cosmetic condition aside from a cracked plastic front hood which they are replacing and a weird light on the gauge faces. Seems to run fine, just needs to be run, I kind of think it has been sitting a bit as it didn't want to rev up easily at first. Should be fun getting used to running the thing, I'm sure looking forward to it.

/ JD 790 Price sanity check! #5  
Congrats on the tractor. Sounds like you got some nice attachments too.