366 Frame Mounted blade

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade #1  

Nuru

Elite Member
Hey all, as some of you know I am close to pulling the trigger on getting a 3320 Cab tractor. In discussing with some of the folks on the forum, I found out the 366 Frame Mounted Blade and the MMM for this unit are not really compatible - (you have to take the MMM off and then put the frame mounts on then the blade and vice versa - not a quick operation). This puts me in a position to choose between a MMM and a boom blade (I have this now and have not mastered it yet), or an RFM and the Frame Mounted blade.
I am leaning towards the frame mounted blade and RFM, however i have never used an RFM, and I do like the MMM. However, I also like the Frame mounted blade from my days using one on my 4100. So I may take the plunge on the Frame mounted blade and get a 3rd party RFM (used or new).
However before I do that, I was hoping for some recommendatons either way from anyone!:eek:

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade #2  
Changing the brackets will take you an hour tops...so that's 2 hours per year-well worth it IMHO. If you have wide open places to mow the a RFM is great, but if you have a smaller space with trimming to do around trees and/or against fences then the RFM are a PITA-you just do not have the maneuverability that you do with a MMM.

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade
Hmmm, maneuvers did not remembber to think of that, and you are right it would be only twice a year. I did have to switch between the brackets on my 4100, did not take so long, but I could use an hour or two per year of tractor bolt-turning. BTW do you know if one can have the loader brackets and the brackets and mounting hardware for the Frame mounted blade on the unit at the same time? I thought I heard that you also have to switch those off and on too?

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade #4  
Dirtworks has done it, and I think it's a good idea-but the modification did involve welding...But I am pretty sure you can't leave the blade brackets on with the MMM because they hang down to low.If there was even a slight chance you would get a MMM in the future, making Dirts modification could haunt you...

Yeah, whe i looked at the 3720 Cab and the then saw Dirt's mod and boing my mind how what you are saying is true the Blade's bracket's hang too low. Seems if i go with the frasme blade, I will just remove the loader brackets and the MMM, then install the Blade. That is not gonna be too bad.

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade #6  
It's not bad, I have helped my freind who has a 4400 change his over. It is only 8 bolts and some hardware up front to go between the FEL and the blade.
He just bought a used 72" MMM but does not have it mounted yet-so I cannot comment on that yet...

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade #7  
Nuru, IF I am not mistaken you can not install the frame mounted blade brackets with the CAB tractor without modifying the cab mounts. The loader mounts (green) and the cab mounts (black). You will see if you look close what I am talking about. The frame mounted brackets will NOT go behind the cab mounts without taking out the 1/2 for the width of the frame mounts.If you put the blade mounts behind the cab mounts without modifying it throws the holes off that the cab bolts go thru to secure the cab to the cab mounts. Taking the 1/2 inch out lines everything back up correctly. Its not as simple as a non cab tractor where you would be just doing the modification to the loader bracket. Hope that makes sense. Unless you have someone with excellent welding skills or a fabrication shop that you trust with your new baby.......................well I wouldn't just trust anyone if you know what I mean.

I'm not sure yo can see it in the pic below, but the loader mounts are the green part. The loader mount bolts to the black cab mount. The cab mount bolts to the tractor and is the part that you have to cut out the 1/2 inch. To remove the cab mounts, first lift up the floor mat inside the cab and remove the cab mount bolts, then you have to unbolt the 4 bolts and then slightly jack up the cab. You can see I have a bottle jack and a 4x4 under the cab to support it. I removed both front cab mount bolts and then jacked the cab up just enough to remove the cab/loader mount. Once this is done you can slide out the cab mount and have it modified.

Your easiest solution is to get the 3pt front blade and then it is compatible with the MMM. I think the MMM is going to be the better mower if you do lots of closeup mowing. If you want to do the cab mount mod I'd be glad to help anyway I could and could even have my friend do the mod for a reasonable charge. He is a very compitent welder/machinest. So, everything will be dead on..Doing the cab mount mod is the harder of the two solutions and thats my problem. I've never done anything the easy way!

Sincerely, Dirt

frontbladebracketrearcloseup-1.jpg

Ok KennyD and thanks.

dirtworksequip said:
Nuru, IF I am not mistaken you can not install the frame mounted blade brackets with the CAB tractor without modifying the cab mounts. The loader mounts (green) and the cab mounts (black). You will see if you look close what I am talking about. The frame mounted brackets will NOT go behind the cab mounts without taking out the 1/2 for the width of the frame mounts.If you put the blade mounts behind the cab mounts without modifying it throws the holes off that the cab bolts go thru to secure the cab to the cab mounts. Taking the 1/2 inch out lines everything back up correctly. Its not as simple as a non cab tractor where you would be just doing the modification to the loader bracket. Hope that makes sense. Unless you have someone with excellent welding skills or a fabrication shop that you trust with your new baby.......................well I wouldn't just trust anyone if you know what I mean.

I'm not sure yo can see it in the pic below, but the loader mounts are the green part. The loader mount bolts to the black cab mount. The cab mount bolts to the tractor and is the part that you have to cut out the 1/2 inch. To remove the cab mounts, first lift up the floor mat inside the cab and remove the cab mount bolts, then you have to unbolt the 4 bolts and then slightly jack up the cab. You can see I have a bottle jack and a 4x4 under the cab to support it. I removed both front cab mount bolts and then jacked the cab up just enough to remove the cab/loader mount. Once this is done you can slide out the cab mount and have it modified.

Your easiest solution is to get the 3pt front blade and then it is compatible with the MMM. I think the MMM is going to be the better mower if you do lots of closeup mowing. If you want to do the cab mount mod I'd be glad to help anyway I could and could even have my friend do the mod for a reasonable charge. He is a very compitent welder/machinest. So, everything will be dead on..Doing the cab mount mod is the harder of the two solutions and thats my problem. I've never done anything the easy way!

Sincerely, Dirt

frontbladebracketrearcloseup-1.jpg

dirt, thanks for the info. I have a question or two:

Regarding this sentence " Your easiest solution is to get the 3pt front blade and then it is compatible with the MMM. "

Are you saying after the mod, the 3PT Front blade is compatible with the MMM? I was thimking that it was not, but I have not been able to find online, any diagrams of the 366 Blade - Does anyone have access to this diagram? I was thinking the Blade mounts protrude too low to be on the tractor when the MMM is on the tractor. If they don't then that would be good.

I might take you up on the offer as I can ship the mounts to WV in a day or two with ground shipping.

Another thing that has come up. I am beig told the MMM will not work well with the SuperTurf tires. It does on my 4310, so I think they are speaking of a clearance issue with the SuperTurfs. I am looking at some wheel spaces to see if those would potentially alleviate the issue. Anyone else heard of this problem?:confused: