3720 mid mount mower back hoe discussion

/ 3720 mid mount mower back hoe discussion #1  

Yourkie

Silver Member
Looking for some input. Any recommendations on using the 72 vs 60 MMM on the 3720 vs a 3PH mower? How difficult is the removal of the MMM on the 3720? It's probably something that even once a year off and on is becoming once too much, as is the 60 on my 755.

Any recs on a 3 PH grooming mower although looking over my shoulder is no longer as easy as it once was? I've used a 72" mower with a zero turn and found it did not give the uniform cut of a 60 on my 755 although it saves time.

I'm considering keeping my 755 and dedicated it just for mowing and getting a 448 or 447 back hoe for my 3720 and dedicating it as a hoe and loader. I find the 3720 as a little heavy, and possibly it would be bulky for mowing with the R4s easily tearing up the lawn. I was actually hoping to get rid of my 755 but it seems just the right size for mowing and no back hoes were available for it.

/ 3720 mid mount mower back hoe discussion #2  
If I were in your shoes, I would keep the 3720, and sell the 755. Use the money from the 755 to buy a nice Zero Turn Mower. I have a bobcat zero turn, and let me tell you it mows way nicer, and way faster than the JD855, and JD4200 I used to use. I now have the 3720 Cab Tractor, and a Bunton/Bobcat Zero Turn. I think this is a great combo. It's light on the grass, mows way faster, and makes a beautiful cut. There are tons of zero turns out there now to choose from, I'm sure any of them are good. And I'm sure you wouldn't have to pull too much money out of your own pocket if you sold your 755....

/ 3720 mid mount mower back hoe discussion
Thanks Jason for the reply. I had a JD zero turn and agree that they do cut fast. I didn't care for mine because of my hilly terrain.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/1387513-post22.html

I find the 3720 a little heavy on its feet for lawn. Maybe the Bunton/Bobcat which I'm not familiar with would have been better.

BTW anyone out there use the 60 inch deck on 3720 or would you recommend the 72? The 72 MMM seems like it would be a real bear to remove. Can the deck be left in place and raised high enough when doing occasional backhoe work?

/ 3720 mid mount mower back hoe discussion #4  
Yourkie said:
Thanks Jason for the reply. I had a JD zero turn and agree that they do cut fast. I didn't care for mine because of my hilly terrain.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/1387513-post22.html

I find the 3720 a little heavy on its feet for lawn. Maybe the Bunton/Bobcat which I'm not familiar with would have been better.

BTW anyone out there use the 60 inch deck on 3720 or would you recommend the 72? The 72 MMM seems like it would be a real bear to remove. Can the deck be left in place and raised high enough when doing occasional backhoe work?
JD is going to release the drive over 72" MMM in the June to July timeframe, so that is an option. I bought a low-priced flail mower to use with my 3520, which is on the way - take look at this long thread on flail mowers

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/118882-lets-talk-flail-mowers.html

it is something you might consider if the price is right.