5xx3 v/s 5x25 series

/ 5xx3 v/s 5x25 series #11  
I got my 5603 in nov. 07 and am lovin every minute on it. I paid 44000 out the door with loaded tires, nice radio(past city boy), and second rear valve. Its probably more than I needed but hopefully it'll be all I ever need. GOOD LUCK

/ 5xx3 v/s 5x25 series #12  
what jobs do you use yours for? I'd LOVE to own a 5603, but I don't do hay, and I seriously doubt I ever will decide to. also, i work in the woods with my tractor, and the branches and limbs are torture on my canopy at times, so I can imagine what they would do if I brought home a $44,000 tractor. there are times though when I have to cut my fields that I long for a tractor with a cab. if I didn't have to cut fire breaks through the woods sometimes, you betcha I would save my pennies, nickels, and dimes and go get me something like a 5603, cab, fel, the whole 9 yards! one can dream, right?;)

/ 5xx3 v/s 5x25 series #13  
The main reason I bought my tractor was for hay. But I also have a serious hill for a driveway and wanted to be able to get in and out in the winter. It was a tough decision spending that kinda money for a tractor but after I took the boss (financial adviser) tractor shopping and see the difference in what you get in the 5603 WE were sold on it! PS. It actually took about three weeks before she was sold on it

/ 5xx3 v/s 5x25 series #14  
rocket1831 said:
The main reason I bought my tractor was for hay. But I also have a serious hill for a driveway and wanted to be able to get in and out in the winter. It was a tough decision spending that kinda money for a tractor but after I took the boss (financial adviser) tractor shopping and see the difference in what you get in the 5603 WE were sold on it! PS. It actually took about three weeks before she was sold on it

it's been my experience that the best and fastest way to sell a woman on buying, owning, or wanting a tractor, just tell her to drive it. I have yet to meet one that hasn't fallen in love with it or at the least, said "that was fun!":p

/ 5xx3 v/s 5x25 series #15  
My better half was skeptical when I got my 5103. I would half loved to get bigger but all in all for what I need it's seems to be a good fit. Anyway the other weekend we were going to move some hay and I told her to get up on the tractor and drive it (I was right beside her and as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs). By the time we got from one pasture to the next she had a grin on her face from ear to ear. Now everytime we need to use the tractor she keeps asking can she drive.

/ 5xx3 v/s 5x25 series #16  
RWolf said:
My better half was skeptical when I got my 5103. I would half loved to get bigger but all in all for what I need it's seems to be a good fit. Anyway the other weekend we were going to move some hay and I told her to get up on the tractor and drive it (I was right beside her and as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs). By the time we got from one pasture to the next she had a grin on her face from ear to ear. Now everytime we need to use the tractor she keeps asking can she drive.

Sounds like there is the makings of a country song in there somewhere...

D.

/ 5xx3 v/s 5x25 series #17  
ddivinia said:
Sounds like there is the makings of a country song in there somewhere...

D.

sounds like his wife stole his tractor! time to go shopping for a second machine.:D

/ 5xx3 v/s 5x25 series #18  
jcummins said:
What are the differences. Are they simply moving the 5x25 series out? Their web site seems to slant the information ther to the 5xx3 series.

To further compound it their 6030 series overlaps into both of these.

Most likely the website is "slanted" towards the 5xx3 series for two reasons:
1. There is more %margin in the 5xx3 series than the 5x25 series.
2. They can post a price that is competitive against the other companies' offerings.

They are in a win-win situation. If they get you in the door based on price, they can always upsell (either to a higher tractor model or accessories). If you decide to buy the 5xx3 series, they win due to the higher %margin.

/ 5xx3 v/s 5x25 series #19  
burnetma said:
Most likely the website is "slanted" towards the 5xx3 series for two reasons:
1. There is more %margin in the 5xx3 series than the 5x25 series.
2. They can post a price that is competitive against the other companies' offerings.

They are in a win-win situation. If they get you in the door based on price, they can always upsell (either to a higher tractor model or accessories). If you decide to buy the 5xx3 series, they win due to the higher %margin.
I agree with #2 but not sure about #1. They may be promoting the low price to catch your eye vs. the competition or to get you in the door.

Is there really a higher percent margin on 03 series? You would think the markup percent would be higher on a more deluxe product whereas the 03 is more of a price-fighter.

Different Mark-ups

/ 5xx3 v/s 5x25 series #20  
When she "allowed" to get my tractor I had to promise to pay for the rest of her college. I think I got the better end of that deal. Now it's the grandkids turn.