Price Check Price Check on 4100 Collar Shift

/ Price Check on 4100 Collar Shift #1  

BGM72

Tractor
New Holland TC18
I got a quote from a local dealer on a new (left over from last year) JD 4100, Collar Shaift, 4WD, FEL for $12,080 + tax. Hows the price?

Any comments on the collar shift vs hst for the price?

Also, the JD web site shows that you can't get a backhoe for a 4100. Is that true?

Thanks!

/ Price Check on 4100 Collar Shift #2  
JD does not have a backhoe as an option. There are some aftermarket products which have been referenced in TBN.

$12k and change is not a bad price. What other options and what tires? As far as collar shift vs HST, I myself have the HST and you can't beat it for ease of use. Especially when using the FEL.

Good luck.

Terry

/ Price Check on 4100 Collar Shift
I did a quick search of the other posts and did not find anything related to aftermarket backhoes for a 4100. What keyword should I search with?

Thanks!

/ Price Check on 4100 Collar Shift #4  
Try searching for Kelly Backhoes

/ Price Check on 4100 Collar Shift #5  
That is a great price. I bought my 4100 collar shift with 410 loader two years ago for about $12,800.

/ Price Check on 4100 Collar Shift #6  
I'd be VERY wary of the Collar Shift. I had a 4300 Collar that had nothing but problems, and ended up working out a deal to upgrade to a new tractor with a Sync Reverser.

Check out some old posts. The Collar Shift wasn't manufactured very long because of all the problems (it was quickly replaced with the Sync Shift).

If you're going to get it, make sure when it's cold it shifts without any gear grinding. This was always the first indication after getting it "fixed" that problems were starting again. I got to the point of pressing the clutch, closing my eyes, and hoping it would shift OK. The "fix" was to add shim plates, and this was only a temporary solution.
Good luck - Tom