JD 3320 Options please help....

/ JD 3320 Options please help.... #1  

letour93

Tractor
JD3320
Deposit is down on a new 3320 with a few attachments but I was wondering if there are any other options that I should get now before I take possession...so far the build looks like this

JD 3320 open with standard seat, ehydro, mid PTO, dual mid control valve, engine heater, rear work light and R4 25X8.5 two pos and 15-19.5 rear 2 pos.
300CX loader with hood guard and HD bucket with cutting edge
Frontier 1060 rotary cutter with slip clutch and rubber tire.
Rear Blade 5' it was a frontier blade now they have changed it out not sure on the brand will know later today...and a Wallenstein BX42 chipper.

I discovered this forum after working on my deal and some of the options I have been hearing alot about are the:

air ride seat
3rd SCV
loaded tires (not sure what that means)
deluxe hood guard
imatch or autohitch
telecoping links

Some feedback would be great as I am such a newb I just want to make sure I will be happy with my new work ride once I get her home...:D

/ JD 3320 Options please help.... #2  
Answer to the "loaded tires", means they are filled with calcuim chloride (11lbs p/gallon), or beet juice, or windshield washer fluid, etc. This increases your weight of the tractor and allows for more traction and sometimes not needing a ballast box when using the loader. I loaded mine on my 3203 and effectively added 950 lbs.

Definitely get the I-Match, makes hooking and un-hooking implements a breeze. My dealer threw mine in for FREE with the purchase of tractor.
Some dealers will throw in freebies, such as load the tires, I-Match, ballast box, etc, so chat with your dealer and see what he will do for ya.

Good luck with the new toy----- doh, I mean work machine:D

/ JD 3320 Options please help.... #3  
Congrats on the new unit!

my 1.5 cents!:rolleyes:

air ride seat - Not unless you really think you need it or they throw it in

3rd SCV - yes

loaded tires (not sure what that means) tires filled with a liquid solution that will not rust the wheels. This is done to add weight to the tractor via the tires. Increase traction and can increase stability.

deluxe hood guard - They do look good, depends on what you want, both versions work.

imatch - you have 3 attachments sofar, and they do make things easier, Auto hitch - dunno

telecoping links - if you have a need for them.

/ JD 3320 Options please help.... #4  
My .02--yes on the 3rd SCV, load the tires if you have slopes and the ground drains pretty well (otherwise try it first, the extra weight could have you leaving tracks where you don't want them), the deluxe hood guard is a good investment (you WILL get carried away while using the cutter and start going through "stuff" and it is much better at keeping things out of the grill), I would agree with Nuru on the seat. Definite yes on the iMatch (autohitch is iMatch with integrated PTO hookup I think--not sure how proven that is yet)

I would add a toothbar if you can swing it--turns the loader into a more effective digging machine and can be useful for moving brush etc. as well.

/ JD 3320 Options please help.... #5  
The 3320 has a nice adjustable suspension seat - doubt the air seat would be worth the extra $$$.

If you get I-Match, be sure and get 3 bushing kits - doubt you'll want to be changing the bushing from one implement to the other. Kit is approx. $60 each.

/ JD 3320 Options please help.... #6  
Agree on the bushing kits--good point--but if you have TSC or similar nearby--check there first to save some $$

/ JD 3320 Options please help.... #7  
I added the following items to the 2006 3320 I bought this year. It already had the 300cx loader, 3rd cv, and mid pto.

I kept the 60" bucket from my 4200 since it had a tooth bar. The tooth is great for popping out big stones, digging out brush, tearing grape vines out of trees, keeping big stones in the bucket, to name a few.

I added the following:

1. Loaded the rear tires. I don't want to have to add weight or attachments to balance out the tractor.
2. Added the deluxe grille guard. My previous tractor was a 4200. I bush hogged the grill (almost $400) when I went into some nasty stuff that snagged the grill & headlights and tore it off. I think the current design is different so I doubt the same thing could happen but I'd rather not chance it. Plus it looks cool.
3. Added rear work lights. Must have if your are doing snow removal in the dark.
4. Added the arm wrest kit. A great thing to have if you are going to do a lot of mowing, loader work or just extended seat time.
5. Added Pat's Easy Change. It is more flexible than I-match in my opinion and it works with all attachments. No more cussing and on and off is really easy now.
6. Ordered a Tufftop canopy. This was a major PITA to put together but worth it. I can't pull my tractor into the barn with the rops up. This is light weight (about 40lbs) and I can lift it over my head with my arms extended with no problem. Most other canopies are much heavier - 100+ lbs. I'm not that strong. My property is very open with no shade. I mow all my 40 or so acres at least once every 3 years. The big fields are too big to do in one day and the last time I mowed in the open like that I fried. This year I had the canopy and May was so cold I had to wear fleece, wind breaker and a knit hat.

I don't see myself trading in this tractor and expect to have it for many years. Therefore, I want it to be pleasant to use. It does everything I want. The only thing I might add is a spinner for the steering wheel and a hydraulic top link. I've put about 80 hours on it since March. I'm happy with the way I have it set up.

/ JD 3320 Options please help.... #8  
B8FISH said:
My .02--yes on the 3rd SCV, load the tires if you have slopes and the ground drains pretty well (otherwise try it first, the extra weight could have you leaving tracks where you don't want them), the deluxe hood guard is a good investment (you WILL get carried away while using the cutter and start going through "stuff" and it is much better at keeping things out of the grill), I would agree with Nuru on the seat. Definite yes on the iMatch (autohitch is iMatch with integrated PTO hookup I think--not sure how proven that is yet)

I would add a toothbar if you can swing it--turns the loader into a more effective digging machine and can be useful for moving brush etc. as well.

forgot the tooth bar!

/ JD 3320 Options please help.... #9  
If you want pertinent advice and information you may want to tell a bit about yourself and what you want to do with your tractor. For example, I'm a big guy and the most imprtant option for me was the air ride seat. I bought my 3520 without it and found I could not use it for more than about a half an hour before my back would be killing me. Now, with the air ride seat I can go all day without any problems and not take a a small drugstore and 3 days to recover.

After the seat situation was resolved I didn't want to come in when it got dark so I added lights. Two on either side of the ROPS that can swivel front, side or rear.

The next most useful for me was the 3rd function lines for the loader and 3rd scv kit. This enabled a root grapple on the loader. Next was the diverter kit and top and tilt which makes using the box blade a dream.

My next addition will be forks and a thumb for the 447 backhoe.

....... it never ends...... the grins just get wider.

Enjoy!!

/ JD 3320 Options please help.... #10  
I can tell you for sure on a couple of these. Get the tires loaded absolutely, I have the 3520 and it is great because I can move dirt without anything on the back for a ballast. I have no idea about the I-match except your attachments have to be set up for it and this limits you maybe borrowing another piece of equipment without having to change out the pins. I think the telescoping draft links are the ticket. I have them and it makes hooking up a breeze especially if you have the draft arms in the float position and I will never own another tractor without them. The seat that is on the tractor is good enough I think, I am 6'1 and pushing 300 pounds and although it has bottomed out a couple times on me the ride is not to bad. I hope this helps and you will love the new machine, Congrats!