2520 3 Point Hitch/Tire Interference - Real Issue?

/ 2520 3 Point Hitch/Tire Interference - Real Issue? #1  

Seezer

I narrowed my tractor selection to 3 choices - a new 2520 with FEL, new Kubota B7800 with FEL, or used 2305 with FEL and rear tiller ($10K - great price). I'm really leaning toward the 2520 based on its edge in features (including position control), identical price to B7800 ($15,900), improved capabilities over 2305, and edge in financing (0 down vs 15% down on Kubota). The only concern I have is the continued posts about 3 pt hitch interference on the 2520 with turf/R4 tires. I went to the dealer today and confirmed this is not a myth - even with adjustment (needed even more on the unit I saw, but I was in a hurry over lunch) there is near tire contact at rest with no load. For you 2520 owners, should this be a deal breaker for me? I plan to use a box blade, tiller, and auger on the 3 pt. to do final grading for my .6 acre landscape project. Thanks!

/ 2520 3 Point Hitch/Tire Interference - Real Issue? #2  
Don't let it be a dealbreaker, but get the dealer to install the new updated arms that fixed the problem before taking delivery. And don't forget the I-Match:D:D:D

/ 2520 3 Point Hitch/Tire Interference - Real Issue? #3  
Seezer, I had my dealer look into my tire rubbing issue for me, they put the tires in the wide position, and there is only very slight contact with the 3 pt raised to full height when going over uneven ground with a heavy implement. (at rest, there is about 1" of clearance on either side with implement fully raised). I'm still not happy about it just because there should be NO contact on a properly designed tractor, however, it isn't a huge deal and I don't think it rubs enough to hurt anything, including the tires. It would not dissuade me from buying the tractor (i.e. I'd do it again). Go talk to your dealer and tell them that you want the new arms as part of the deal, maybe they'll hook you up. Even if they don't go for that, I wouldn't rule the tractor out because of this "problem".

/ 2520 3 Point Hitch/Tire Interference - Real Issue? #4  
X2
Before I traded my 2520, my dealer had no problem getting the updated arms.
kennyd said:
Don't let it be a dealbreaker, but get the dealer to install the new updated arms that fixed the problem before taking delivery. And don't forget the I-Match:D:D:D

/ 2520 3 Point Hitch/Tire Interference - Real Issue? #5  
Make sure you get the new arms. Even though there might be up to an inch of clearance with some implements you'll never put chains on those tires without the updated arms. That's my issue. The clearance on mine with a JD back blade or my JD bush hog is about a half inch per side when fully raised. This quickly disappears when the sway adjusters don't stay tight and of course will not allow chains at all.

/ 2520 3 Point Hitch/Tire Interference - Real Issue? #6  
Last edited:
   / 2520 3 Point Hitch/Tire Interference - Real Issue? #7  
BZ1

Can you run chains on the front?

I bought the wheel spacers for the front to move the wheel away from the bevel gear, but now my tires rub on the front end loader mount when turning.

/ 2520 3 Point Hitch/Tire Interference - Real Issue? #8  
AK, I assume that with the front wheel spacers I could run chains on the front. That's my plan but I haven't tried it yet. I do not have a front loader since I own a skid steer instead. I'm going to make my own front spacers since JD wants $70 a piece for them. If I couldn't have gotten my draft arms replaced for free I probably would have made spacers for the rear as well to solve that problem.