Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today

/ Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today #1  

nmu98

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5203, JD 3720, JD 4110, JD 445, IH 1586, IH 886, IH 404......
My dealer gave me a sweet deal on my non cab 3720 trade in. I took the plunge... I have a day to change anything if needed.... Did I miss anything?

3720 Delux cab with air ride seat (rear wiper and worklights
Mid PTO
Dual SCv and Rear SCV
Large R-4's
AutoCruise, Motion match, & other BS
Horn Kit
300 CX loader w/61HD bucket
Deluxe Brush Guard

I know there is a radio install thread around here somewhere....

Thanks for any advice on cheap stuff I missed...:D

/ Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today #2  
I should have pushed for the deluxe brush guard and didn't. i left that and the Air ride seat on the table. Now I am considering getting them both for $$$$ I did not really have to spend! good luck on the final deal. i went with the small R-4s as I needed to get into the storage shed/garage.

/ Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today #3  
Maybe the larger 73" bucket?

/ Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today #4  
Congratulations

Doesn't necessarily fall on the "cheap" side, but I should have ordered the hard line kit for the FEL. For me this would be for power angle on FEL mounted snow blade that I will probably add. If you think you will ever get a BH or need rear Hydraulics order Power Beyond now. Apparently some of these things are "Sales" orders and trying to get them later through "Parts" is very difficult or near impossible. Diverter valve may be of future interest - not cheap - but get it now.

Once you've placed the big order, bargaining power is often down the tubes for all the $0 - $2K stuff.

/ Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today #5  
CinderSchnauzer is right, order it all now or pay the differences later!

I got the 73 HD bucket and man is that think heavy compared to the 61" normal bucket! running that i think i need a counter balance even when its empty!:eek:

/ Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today #6  
Nuru said:
I got the 73 HD bucket and man is that think heavy compared to the 61" normal bucket! running that i think i need a counter balance even when its empty!:eek:

I'd say the Skid Steer QA Carrier is the way to go on the FEL...almost no such thing as a light duty SS bucket....plus dollar for dollar, you get a GREAT bucket when you go SS....I got a 60" Foundry bucket on mine and its RUGGED...
Plus attachments are easy to shop for and are VERY price competitive....Forks, Blades, etc...

/ Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today
Nuru said:
CinderSchnauzer is right, order it all now or pay the differences later!

I have been thinking of the larger bucket... I don't know if there is much cost difference.... I have the tooth bar and scraper blade for the 61. I have very heavy clay soil here. The tooth bar is needed.

Any idea on the cost to upgrade to the 73?

According to the JD site, its only 200 more.... Might be worth it....

Just for an FYI. My dealer is charging me 40 dollars to upgrade to the 73 inch Heavy Duty Bucket with the holes. Thats a deal.

/ Put in the order for a new 3720 Cab today #10  
Spudland_Dave said:
I'd say the Skid Steer QA Carrier is the way to go on the FEL...almost no such thing as a light duty SS bucket....plus dollar for dollar, you get a GREAT bucket when you go SS....I got a 60" Foundry bucket on mine and its RUGGED...
Plus attachments are easy to shop for and are VERY price competitive....Forks, Blades, etc...

Plus it fits easier in tight places! Oh and I gotta buy a new lower window, taking the loader off in the wooden garage and it moved a bit and the left loader arm hit the window ever so slightly but it shattered. I goofed, buit it will only cost me <$100, and it won't happen again. There will be precautions, put in place so if it happens again, something else will take the slight hit.

But boy was it fun to cut the lawn today, it was over 90 degrees out here but it was very cool in the cab. All i need is SAT Radio installed and that will do the trick for me