Price Check Price Check on JD 5203 4wd/522 FEL

/ Price Check on JD 5203 4wd/522 FEL #1  

mikeydchicago34

I had a dealer quote me a cash price for a JD 5203 4wd with 522 FEL for $23,570. Is this a good price? Thanks for all the help guys.

/ Price Check on JD 5203 4wd/522 FEL #2  
I think that's an excellent price. I picked up a 5303 with 522 a couple months ago and paid in the low 27's. I think the market is still pretty strong in my area and that hurt me a bit. You also might be benefiting from the 5003 series being end-of-life.

Go spend money. Then post pictures. :)

/ Price Check on JD 5203 4wd/522 FEL #3  
That's right at 5k more than my 05 purchase of a 5203 2Wd with 512 loader. I would pay the extra 5 in a heartbeat. The fed has also managed to inflate our dollar substantially n 3 years so my 2 bits is to get rid of the money and get yourself a tractor. Your 23,000 won't be worth 23,000 for long anyhow the way we are going.

/ Price Check on JD 5203 4wd/522 FEL
Thanks guys...looks like i'll be buying myself a new tractor on saturday then! I'll post pics to show off my new machine!

/ Price Check on JD 5203 4wd/522 FEL #5  
It beats what I paid for the same tractor in November by $30. Congrats on your new tractor.

/ Price Check on JD 5203 4wd/522 FEL #6  
i didnt want to start a new thread, so i figured id post in an old one. i got a price of $18,500 for a 5103 MFWD, $19,500 5203 MFWD, and i'm guessing 20,500 for a 5303 MFWD(he kept addint $1,000 from the 5103 to the 5203 so i figured this might be accurate, i didnt ask). to add a loader would be $5,000 but the tractors I looked at already had the joystick and hookups. are these pretty good prices? i cant decide if i should just get the tractor and loader now, or get just the tractor and JD MX6($2,400) and a 6' Leinbach disk($1,200) and hold off on the loader and just add it later since i have all the hookups for it. the 0% for 48 months is what really is getting to me the most. wanted to try to keep my payments under $400. any thoughts on my decision(s)??

/ Price Check on JD 5203 4wd/522 FEL #7  
A loader with a good set of teeth is man's best friend but I guess if you can't swing all the goodies at once you go with what you just gotta have. Most of the posts I have seen, finances aside, on this website tout always getting the loader as you find uses for it you would never image. That's not much of an answer but best I know.

/ Price Check on JD 5203 4wd/522 FEL #8  
A loader with a good set of teeth is man's best friend but I guess if you can't swing all the goodies at once you go with what you just gotta have. Most of the posts I have seen, finances aside, on this website tout always getting the loader as you find uses for it you would never image. That's not much of an answer but best I know.

well see, i honestly wasnt planning on buying now. i wanted to save up another year or so, but then with all the price increases coming very soon(5% on utility tractors) and combine that with the 0%/48mo. not to mention what i think are some pretty good prices on those tractors(i remember when the 5103 MFWD was 19700, now its 18500). seems like they makeup for it on the loader though(5,000 compared to 4,500 not too long ago). i cant afford the tractor, loader, and all the goodies i want, because i havent saved up enough yet...i wasnt planning on considering buying a tractor! i just figured, shoot ill get the tractor now at a good deal, pay it off and look around for some used stuff in the trader paper. i dunno, it all depends on what he gives me for my trade in. im supposed to get in touch with him Monday. i just feel that if i dont act now, there wont be another 0%/48 on the new ones, plus a price increase so id be behind again. i would have more money saved up by this time next year though and that could help me get more stuff i want at one time. i get like this ever since i waited and waited to by my truck to see if the rebates would get better, they never did, so i bought it and wouldnt you know that a month later they started employee pricing.:(

/ Price Check on JD 5203 4wd/522 FEL #9  
All you can do is make the best decision you can with the info you have at the present and never look back.

/ Price Check on JD 5203 4wd/522 FEL #10  
Any time I make a big ticket purchase, I can count on it going on sale for a significant savings within a month, or someone else getting a better deal than I did - I think it is some sort of rule! :D

Last edited: