What would be the Ultimate Green Subcompact?

/ What would be the Ultimate Green Subcompact? #1  

keerym

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere X700
I have been thinking about small tractors a lot lately. Currently I own a 318, my father-in-law has a 445 and my dad has an X700. Each tractor has its benefits like dual brakes on the 318, suspension seat on the 445 and the forward/reverse pedal layout on the X700. I also like the 2305 for the 3pt hitch, PTO, 2 speed rear end, and loader capability.

What I don't like on all sub compacts is the seat! When you spend that much money for a tool/toy, it shouldn't ride like a lumber wagon. I do like the joystick hydraulics on the 2305, but I wish they would fix the slop in the linkage. I also like the tach on the dash, but I wish they would make it a little more attractive like the X700's dash.

Some people want or need all wheel steer. Some need four wheel drive. Other want a 7-iron deck for mowing performance. Most would like four wheel drive, 3 point hitch and 540 rear PTO like all subcompacts. I think this thread could be fun if we all contribute what our ultimate small tractor would be like. We can't let the Kubota guys have all the fun with their "Describe the Ultimate BX" discussion.

My tractor would be based on a 2305. I would like to add the fully opening hood and dash from an X700 series. I would also like to add the true suspension seat (X720 & up and not the SE) and tilt steering wheel from the X700s. I think most would agree on that seat! I would also like HDAP tires and individual rear brakes. I know this would be more costly, but I would be willing to pay more for these features before I would pay for simply more horsepower. In many ways I'm describing a 2320, but those tractors are getting a little large for a few yards.

What would be your ultimate Subcompact?

Attachments

• 318 Side View Summer.JPG
    318 Side View Summer.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 190
  • 445 with Mower.JPG
    445 with Mower.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 185
  • X700 with 47 Blower.jpg
    X700 with 47 Blower.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 281
  • 2305cua3.gif
    2305cua3.gif
    87.4 KB · Views: 227
   / What would be the Ultimate Green Subcompact? #2  
Right now, if they made a 2720 cab, air ride seat, AC & radio. I would own one for mowing the lawn. With a 72" MMM and a 57" blower. It would be my grass and snow machine and i would use the bigger stuff for the dirt work.:D

/ What would be the Ultimate Green Subcompact? #3  
Add position control on the 3PH, tranny cooler instead of the fan, a factory skid pad that works with the MMM to protect the filter etc, temperature gauge, 4WD lever on the fender like the X, factory folding ROPS, true independant lift on the MMM, higher range of implement travel (for example, the blower on a 2210/2305 will barely clear a curb), toolbox incorporated into the fenders, dipstick on the hydro instead of that stupid window, electric outlets. :)

/ What would be the Ultimate Green Subcompact? #4  
Add position control on the 3PH, tranny cooler instead of the fan, a factory skid pad that works with the MMM to protect the filter etc, temperature gauge, 4WD lever on the fender like the X, factory folding ROPS, true independant lift on the MMM, higher range of implement travel (for example, the blower on a 2210/2305 will barely clear a curb), toolbox incorporated into the fenders, dipstick on the hydro instead of that stupid window, electric outlets. :)

add rear scv, at least one...and independant rear brakes.

/ What would be the Ultimate Green Subcompact? #5  
Better lighting, both front and rear. Ditto on a decent air-ride seat, position control, independent rear brakes, skid plate, etc.

Get all of that on a 2305 sized machine and I would trade mine in today.

/ What would be the Ultimate Green Subcompact? #6  
A 2720 that's free--gift from JD>

/ What would be the Ultimate Green Subcompact? #7  
a 3520 Cab for me :D