Frontier Pallet Fork number change... More $$$$

/ Frontier Pallet Fork number change... More $$$$ #1  

nmu98

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5203, JD 3720, JD 4110, JD 445, IH 1586, IH 886, IH 404......
I made the decission over the weekend that I was going to take the plung and buy a set of Forks. I called 2 dealers to make sure, and both told me they were out of the old stock, and the new numbers were seriously more dollars. List on them is about 1,050, and they could sell them for 900.00. Thats for fixed 42". Its pretty common knowledge that they used to go for 700.00.

My dealer has the 3750 pound Horst forks in stock and will let them go for 650.00 out the door. He says he orders 15 at a time to get a good price. So I paid for my set. Should have them later this week, just have to go get them.

They are just pallet forks.. WTH.:confused:

/ Frontier Pallet Fork number change... More $$$$ #2  
From what I've seen, the Horst forks look every bit as good as the Frontier branded ones. Sounds like you did good. I bet you will love them.

/ Frontier Pallet Fork number change... More $$$$
Thanks runner. I see alot of the 2,000 pound Horst forks around here, but not the 3700 pound ones. The 3700's seem alot like the frontier brand and they are able to sit right next to each other. The 2k ones look limited to how close they can get. I am trying to get a friend to go pick them up tomarrow.:D

/ Frontier Pallet Fork number change... More $$$$ #4  
depending on what size tractor you have you can get the horst forks but they do weigh quite a bit. Not sure difference between the frontier and horst but just something to keep in mind.

Interesting point. I have a 3720 with the 300cx loader. I doubt it would be an issue.

The frontier model also has a 3700 pound lift capacity, so I would think they would be within a 100 pounds of each other at most?

/ Frontier Pallet Fork number change... More $$$$ #6  
Precisely why I got the Skid Steer carrier...without a doubt its already paid for in just what I've saved on attachments. Going with an Industry Standard attachment method opens the doors to ALL Kinds of stuff used/overstock/etc...
I wont post about what I got my forks for.....:rolleyes:

/ Frontier Pallet Fork number change... More $$$$ #7  
Interesting point. I have a 3720 with the 300cx loader. I doubt it would be an issue.
The frontier model also has a 3700 pound lift capacity, so I would think they would be within a 100 pounds of each other at most?

Rest calmly.
I have those same Horst forks on my JD 3720 w/ 300CX loader. They work great. Kind of a pain to adjust the fork spacing though. I keep a small sledge "The Persuader" in the fender box.
They are really well made forks. I have really put them to the test and have no issues at all. The back stop is well designed in terms of visibility vs protection. The forks themselves are made of really good steel. That, by the way, is the main cost of the forks and why they seem so expensive. The fork material has to be seriously good quality steel.

I think you ended up with a very good fork. I looked into it before I got mine. I use them regularly.

PS You have the best avatar on the board!!

Precisely why I got the Skid Steer carrier...without a doubt its already paid for in just what I've saved on attachments. Going with an Industry Standard attachment method opens the doors to ALL Kinds of stuff used/overstock/etc...
I wont post about what I got my forks for.....:rolleyes:

When I ordered the tractor 2 months ago, I never thought i would have anything other than the bucket up front. My pipe dream was a tooth bar. I have had tractors with loaders for about 8 years, and never had anything other than a bucket up front. I should have and suggest that to anyone looking!

Rest calmly.
I have those same Horst forks on my JD 3720 w/ 300CX loader. They work great. Kind of a pain to adjust the fork spacing though. I keep a small sledge "The Persuader" in the fender box.
They are really well made forks. I have really put them to the test and have no issues at all. The back stop is well designed in terms of visibility vs protection. The forks themselves are made of really good steel. That, by the way, is the main cost of the forks and why they seem so expensive. The fork material has to be seriously good quality steel.

I think you ended up with a very good fork. I looked into it before I got mine. I use them regularly.

PS You have the best avatar on the board!!

Thanks, glad to hear they are not too heavy. I don't miind the idea of them not adjusting easy... That means they probably fit together pretty tight and wont move around or rattle.

I have had this avatar for years. :D I just cannot find anything that tops it...:D

/ Frontier Pallet Fork number change... More $$$$ #9  
Yep, i got Horst forks too. They are well worth the price.

/ Frontier Pallet Fork number change... More $$$$ #10  
When I ordered the tractor 2 months ago, I never thought i would have anything other than the bucket up front. My pipe dream was a tooth bar. I have had tractors with loaders for about 8 years, and never had anything other than a bucket up front. I should have and suggest that to anyone looking!

Thanks, glad to hear they are not too heavy. I don't miind the idea of them not adjusting easy... That means they probably fit together pretty tight and wont move around or rattle.

I have had this avatar for years. :D I just cannot find anything that tops it...:D

I know what you mean. I grew up with tractors only pulling stuff.

I tell my friends. A tractor is pretty much a lawn mower without accessories. :)

D.