/ 4010 #1  

hazmat

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460HSTC
Anybody driven the 4010? My local dealer doesn't have them yet. The price is more attactive to me than the 4110. I am wondering if the reduced HP & Hydraulic system is a concern. I would spring for the 60" deck & FEL to start. I think that 18.5 gross HP should handle the mower, as I have 16 HP and 48" now and that works quite well.

Speaking of price, what discount off list should I be looking for? I've seen numbers of 10-15% thrown out on this board. Does this being a new model make a difference? Maybe DeereNebraska can help out on this one.

Still trying to convince the CFO to approve the purchase...

Steve

/ 4010 #2  
I had a chance to speak to my JD dealer and I asked him about the 4010, he told me he won't order any on his lot because he thought its low power was a concern. He said he would recommend this model as a garden tractor and not a compact utility tractor. I didn't ask him about the price but he told me it was the only attractive feature on this machine. It seems the engine has a small displacement, smaller than the 4110 and would bog down easily with tillers and snowblowers. Guess this one was put up to fight the Kubota BX series. Anyways...

Alex

/ 4010 #3  
Sorry if this is a dup as
I didn't it posted...

Dear HazHat...

I put $1500.00USD down on a 4010 two weeks ago. The dealer gladly took my money and then called me a week later saying “They ain’t makin any, production is on hold”
I got from another dealer “18.5 HP ain’t enough to spin a 60” MM deck etc.”
There is something weird gonin on with the Jap factory. My opinion only.
Don’t know whether JD just can’t handle the demand or the marketing guys ain’t talking to the mfg guys.
Big discounts on the 4000-ten series but no capacity.
I upgraded to a 4110 just to get a promise that I would get a unit. Maybe 4 weeks.
Sounds like a license to print money. The 2 dealers I spoke to didn’t “know” anything about the aggressive rebates JD was offering. Tractor and implement rebates.
I really had to slap people around just to get them to acknowledge the aggressive rebates from the factory, never mind the financing options.
It wasn’t easy Alex.
I ended up with a PO for a JD4110. Folding ROPS, Hydro Trany, Turf Tyres, Dual Mid SCV, 60” MMM, 410 Loader w/leveler and rear sand box for 16000.00.
Will I ever get seat time?
Yet to be seen.

The CT. Pilgrim.

/ 4010 #4  
PS: No one has driven a 4010, as none have been made.
As far as I know.
No one but the photographer for the 4000-Ten series marketing book has seen one.
Peace.
The CT Pilgrim.

/ 4010
Thanks for the info guys. My gut was telling me to go for the bigger HP, but my wallet was singing another tune. When you look at it in terms of a monthly payment, the difference was only about $35.

Pilgrim, what is a "sand box" I haven't heard the term before, is it a Ballast box or box blade? Did the 16K include the rebates?

Hazmat

/ 4010 #6  
Pilgrim, what is a "sand box"
====================
Yea Haz, a Ballast Box.
The $16K was the final price except tax.
Including 2 JD Hats.

/ 4010 #7  
The latest information I have heard on the 4010's is June 1st. availability. From what I have seen and heard it is going to be a great tractor!!!!

/ 4010
Pilgrim,

I also sent you a private message. Who's your dealer? Mine is $2,500 HIGH. I am going to be in CT tomorrow (Foxwoods) I might stop by.