Price Check '07 JD 2320 Price Check?

/ '07 JD 2320 Price Check? #1  

Stubee

Silver Member
Tractor
LX-176 (not really a tractor)
I'm looking at CUTs and this one caught my eye in MI. Drove it today, really liked the way it handled, controls, etc. I'm new to this but liked the machine. Anyway, here's the deal: a 2007 model JD 2032 w. 200CX Loader, 69 hours, looks = very light use (almost new), no Xtras except one eye welded on bucket. ROP is not foldable, I thought they were on 2320 but maybe owner modified it (he installed working lights). I asked him to add a Frontier rotary cutter, he quoted a 5' though I'd probably go 4'. Also said he was sure it had been serviced by owner at least once if not twice, but will check & dealership will check all fluids, etc. anyway.

Price as described above for 2032 w. FEL + cutter is $13,330 + sales tax. From what I've researched here, that seems pretty good? I don't see used ones for sale here and new ones are scarce. Thanks,

/ '07 JD 2320 Price Check? #2  
As far as I know, only the 2305 has a non-foldable ROPs. Good price for a 2305 and excellent price for a 2320. 69 hours!!! She's a virgin!!! ;)

/ '07 JD 2320 Price Check?
I did wonder about the ROPs and will have to call the guy.

I thought it was a decent price for a machine like that, thanks for the quick input.

Thanks Nuru. Looks like about the same kind of price.

I've also looked at other used and new JD and Kubotas this week so my head is kind of spinning. There are some good deals now if you'll take what they've got.

/ '07 JD 2320 Price Check? #6  
That's about 5K cheaper than what I paid for an 06 new, same set up, in fall of 06.

I wonder about the ROPS too. I have a worklight on mine too, but the rops still folds.

/ '07 JD 2320 Price Check? #7  
Dear Stubee
I have an '08 2320, 200cx, 60"HD bucket ballast and foldable rops and paid about 14,800 with two forward facing worklight and one rear facing worklight installed on the top of the rops.
My concern for you is that the non-foldable rops may have been a modification so the machine would fit into someone's garage or shed without foldiing down the rops. If this is the case and it is lower than that of a factory machine, it may not be certified. In other words, if the rops is a bit short, in the event of a rollover, the height of the rops may not prevent a serious injury.
Trust me, when the machine has a full 60 inch bucket on uneven soil, the risk of tipping is real.
For these reasons, an aftermarket non-factory rops could affect your potential resale down the road.
Good luck.
GJSnow

Thanks GJ and everybody else. I've been doing lots of reading & tractor driving, inc. some old ones w/o ROP, so researched operating tractors on hills. My land is not very rolling but I'd like to travel w. the tractor up/down a hill to get 1 mile from my cabin to one of my other pieces to bush hog & use FEL there. What I read scares me re: hills in general & convinces me of the need for correct ROPs. The fixed/short (?) ROPs on the 2320 in question may be why it's sitting out front pretty & priced pretty low, unsold.

I'll check it out and keep the search up. My head is spinning with all choices & stuff, that tells me to "go slow & make no snap decision". I might just get a better ATV pull behind brush cutter & rent/borrow/get somebody else to do my earth moving by my cabin. I think I can rent a Bobcat locally for a day and get it all done. Would love a tractor by multiple storage/use issues might keep me from one...darn it.

Much obliged.

/ '07 JD 2320 Price Check? #9  
If your slopes concern you, you should look at hub spacers and larger Turf tires. That is what I did and ended up with Turf Specials that make my ride smoother and increase stability quite handily.