New 5 Series of Utility Tractors From John Deere

/ New 5 Series of Utility Tractors From John Deere #21  
"John Deere-designed and -manufactured diesel engines provide excellent torque, fuel efficiency, and durability." - straight from John Deere's website. Really not that hard to find out. On the smaller series, John Deere post the fact that they are powered by Yanmar right there on the tractor's page. It isn't some big, shameful secret.

I was just curious, given the history of 5,000 series.
Say, the previous 5420 and 5510 made by Kukje.
Not really "smaller" than the 5 series being touted here.
As I remember it, not that much publicized as "Korean" or "Asian" tractors in the early 200x years.

/ New 5 Series of Utility Tractors From John Deere #22  
Reg, where do you live? What do you tractor with?

Can you show proof of where 5420 is manufactured?

/ New 5 Series of Utility Tractors From John Deere #23  
You have to select an option in each category, even it is shown as base equipment. Tractor is US made by John Deere at their Georgia Plant.
Engine is the JD 4045 Powertech in either Tier II or Tier III. The use that engine in the new 5 & 6 series tractors, 85 t0 140+ HP, depending on turbo boast, intercooling and injectors.

I am about to acquire a new JD 5625 and checked on this model as an alternative.

Differences: The new 5105M is a full frame tractor, has many of 5*25 series options as base equipment, E-PTO 16F/16R Power reverser, deluxe cab, air-seat. Weighs about 1,000 lbs more, will lift 25% more with 563 Loader and also with the Rear 3Pt Hitch Capacity. Those increased capacities and weight will allow it to apply more work effort- loading, disking, etc.

Problem is can't find one in stock and ordering is 1 1/2 to 2 months. Need to put tractor to work now. If I could find one in N. Tex I would buy it at the right price.

Have found comparable 105U Farmal and New Hollands. But both now built by Fiat in Italy CHN International. Based on current world political conditions I want me stuff US made - parts -service and patriotism.

/ New 5 Series of Utility Tractors From John Deere #24  
I was looking at a 5055D today and the salesman said it was "built in a Deere plant in India".

I'm looking for a basic 40-50 PTO hp tractor primarily for bushogging. I've had good experience with Kubota and I'm debating between a Kubota MX-5100 and the 5055D.

Ken

/ New 5 Series of Utility Tractors From John Deere #25  
You have to select an option in each category, even it is shown as base equipment. Tractor is US made by John Deere at their Georgia Plant.
Engine is the JD 4045 Powertech in either Tier II or Tier III. The use that engine in the new 5 & 6 series tractors, 85 t0 140+ HP, depending on turbo boast, intercooling and injectors.

I am about to acquire a new JD 5625 and checked on this model as an alternative.

Differences: The new 5105M is a full frame tractor, has many of 5*25 series options as base equipment, E-PTO 16F/16R Power reverser, deluxe cab, air-seat. Weighs about 1,000 lbs more, will lift 25% more with 563 Loader and also with the Rear 3Pt Hitch Capacity. Those increased capacities and weight will allow it to apply more work effort- loading, disking, etc.

Problem is can't find one in stock and ordering is 1 1/2 to 2 months. Need to put tractor to work now. If I could find one in N. Tex I would buy it at the right price.

Have found comparable 105U Farmal and New Hollands. But both now built by Fiat in Italy CHN International. Based on current world political conditions I want me stuff US made - parts -service and patriotism.

Did you find a M tractor? Premier Ag & lawn in Ennis has them in stock.

They are a serious upgrade, but I am not sure they are worth it. The M series is essentially a 6430 class tractor in a 5000 frame size. Really impressive, but they might be pricing themselves out of the market. The 6115D is looking good. Will look a lot better with more gears.

D.