Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New 5 Series of Utility Tractors From John Deere

Listen to John Deere's Blake Barnes talk about the features of the new 5 Series Utility tractors:

YouTube - John Deere Drive Green - New 5 Series Utility Tractors

More info about the 5D, 5E, and 5E Limited tractors here also:

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCa...5e_series.html

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCa...ed_series.html
    Last edited by Mark@JD; 10-10-2008 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Added new links to information

Tractor
    John Deere 5303

Default Re: New 5 Series of Utility Tractors From John Deere

Good stuff. Thank you Mark.
    2008 JD 5303 with 522 Loader, iMatch, 6' Frontier Rotary Cutter, 7.5' KK Disc, 7' Road Boss Grader, 8' KK Blade
    1966 JD 110H with Snow Blade, Mower Deck
    1968 Case 195 with Snow Blade, Mower Deck, Trailer

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 5609, Kubota GS1800, eXmark LazerZ XP

Thanks for the links Mark!

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

Those new 5 series are really nice. i wish i had the land and need for something that size.
    Chad.
    2012 Ford F-150 FX4 max tow ecoboost 3.73 ELD
    2012 John Deere 3320 Cab 300CX FEL
    1997 John Deere 425 60" MMM
    1954 John Deere 70 Wide Front FEL

Husqvarna Rancher 460 with 24" and 18" bars.

2008 John Deere 2520, 200CX FEL, 62inch Ramp on Deck. (Traded)

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar 147, 1987 Model Made for USA (not a grey)

Mark,

When will the 5 M's be out?

Gary

Tractor
    JD 5225, JD 555B

I don't like the new 5 series tractors. I'm glad I bought my 5225 before the 5X25s are gone. There are very few options on the 5E and 5D. You have to move up to the Ms to get triple mid and rear hydraulics, IOOS Operator station (or a cab) and anything other than a gear transmission among other things. I do like the 16/16 with Creep PowerReverser that the Ms are coming with, and they are surely nice tractors but they are much more expensive than the 5X25 series was (30% more or so)...

Tractor
    Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@JD View Post
    Listen to John Deere's Blake Barnes talk about the features of the new 5 Series Utility tractors:

YouTube - John Deere Drive Green - New 5 Series Utility Tractors

More info about the 5D, 5E, and 5E Limited tractors here also:

5D and 5E Series Tractors

5E Limited Series Tractors
    Have you gone through and tried to "build your own" tractor? For example, I tried to build my own 5093 tractor and no matter what I tried it kept telling me that I needed to complete some "package" before I could complete the build and get a price. After checking each and every possible combination available I figured that I just wasted an hour on a website that doesn't work properly. I have a friend who wants to buy a new version of the 5425 or 5525 and he asked me to "build" him one on JD's site and send it to him. Apparently, the way JD's site is right now, that isn't possible. He asked me to help him because he spent a couple of hours trying to do so himself and couldn't get it to work either. Apparently trying to build a cab tractor with a few options isn't possible. I guess JD's website isn't quite ready for prime time yet.
    1982 18" Murray push mower (B&S industrial 8 hp engine!) custom deck, new blade - became unbalanced when one side old blade broke off!
    HF moving dolly - high torque! Dogbone multi-wrench too..wait, it split on first use.
    My trash man is the greatest. No matter how bad the economy gets and how bad stocks drop or how bad home values drop, his business is always picking up.

Platinum Member
    Tractor

I just put together a 5093E with no problems at all. Took all of 5 minutes or less. Are you checking the English Operators Manual and Decal Kit as well as something for the Package Configurations? I checked the Material Handling Package...

The Build Your Own worked fine. The price was $45,000 and some change.

Tractor
    Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.

Quote Originally Posted by tjkadar View Post
    I just put together a 5093E with no problems at all. Took all of 5 minutes or less. Are you checking the English Operators Manual and Decal Kit as well as something for the Package Configurations? I checked the Material Handling Package...

The Build Your Own worked fine. The price was $45,000 and some change.
    I did get a regular open station to go through but to "build" a loaded up cab model with most options at least two other guys besides me got so frustrated with it that they gave up. No kidding, but one guy just decided to drive by his kubota dealer down the road since he couldn't get a MSRP from JD off their site. He's comparing the 105 hp tractors with cabs and most every option. He doesn't have a JD site close and, to be honest, the JD site honestly ticked him off. He said that he must be too stupid to own a JD. I admitted to him that I couldn't get one "built" online either, so I'm too stupid to buy a new one as well.
    1982 18" Murray push mower (B&S industrial 8 hp engine!) custom deck, new blade - became unbalanced when one side old blade broke off!
    HF moving dolly - high torque! Dogbone multi-wrench too..wait, it split on first use.
    My trash man is the greatest. No matter how bad the economy gets and how bad stocks drop or how bad home values drop, his business is always picking up.

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Sounds like something is wonky with the site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast