green/orange

/ green/orange #1  

heehaw

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900, B7510 and RTV
can anyone tell me where the @500 pounds difference is between the orange M4900 (3968) and the green 5205 (4475)?? also any knowledge about repair frequencies??
heehaw

/ green/orange #2  
Someone told me that Kubota doesn't count the weight of their tires and wheels but don't hold me to this.

/ green/orange #3  
Definitely in the quality. More quality=more weight.

Actually, I have no idea, but I thought it would be fun to take a stab at it.

/ green/orange #4  
heehaw,

I have never driven the JD but I have looked at them on the lot and I can't see the 500 lbs difference myself.

I have heard the story about Kubota not including the tires and wheels in the weight too but I doubt that it's true. My guess would be that the JD is really heavier.

I bought a M4900 back in February and have put it through some heavy bush hogging and dirt moving. It is a pretty "beefy" tractor in my opinion and the repair frequency has been 0 so far. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

TBone

/ green/orange #5  
Here's a thread that ran a little while ago - <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=support&Number=127273&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>Tractor Specifications</A>. In the thread, Muhammad has some info that he got from Kubota about how they list their weights.

In taking a quick look at the thread, I noticed that Muhammad made a comment about having a Tractor Database soon on TBN. Any idea when that might happen, Muhammad? /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

Just wondering - it's not like you haven't done anything lately! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif <font color=blue>Addition of Power Trac forum; new Classifieds section; upgrade servers.</font color=blue>

/ green/orange #6  
Kubota generally does not include tire and wheel weights. I was told this by their local rep. If the weight is listed "with ROP" then of course it includes that weight but not the tires and wheels. The weight listed on the back of the Kubota brochures is the weight with ROP--no wheels and tires. They do not list a field ready weight in the brochure as does JD but the field weights are available from the dealer with various standard and optional equipment. So I am told. J