Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #41  
Jason, show me where you can buy the John Deere 110 tlb with a factory cab. I would have purchased a factory cab if it was available.

Have you used a new Laurin Eclipse cab?

I am not trying to persuade anyone to buy a Laurin over a factory cab, but what about the guys with an open station tractor who decide they need a cab?

Simply dispelling some myths, carbon monoxide fumes as an example are not an issue I have checked on this with my Bacharach CO meter. Laurin Eclipse cabs are pressurized too.

Steve

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #42  
I never mentioned anything about a 110tlb... I was talking about the original post, of buying a 4020 Power Reverser, and adding an aftermarket cab, all because of Hydro vs Gears.....

And FYI one of my best friends has a 110tlb with a Jodale Perry Cab on it which is still a notch above the Laurin Eclipse cabs..... but guess what... it still isn't no factory cab.. it is insulated for noise.... but it is still deafening loud... Yes, they claim the cab is pressurized, but the tractor it is fixed to is not... yes... I've used it many times and you still get some fumes inside of the cab... especially when you are in one spot digging with the backhoe.. so he is going to try to order a vertical exhaust for his machine.. Fumes hang low in the cold, and there are lots of open areas for the fumes to come in under the tractor.... Unless the eclipse cab closes off every hole in the machine the cab sits on, and Jodale Perry doesn't then I might be wrong...

But as far as compact tractors go... 3020 and 4020 series.... I still stand my ground, and it is only my opinion.... I wouldn't not have a factory cab solely on choice of power reverser or eHydro...

But if you already have a machine... sure go for buy an aftermarket cab.. I did on my last tractor... but as soon as the Factory Cabs came out on my older machine I got ride of it, and bought the new cab version.... But if I were looking for a tractor today, I certainly wouldn't buy an open station to add an aftermarket.... no way..... no how... I've been there, I've done that, and won't do it again, now that they offer the best right from the factory...

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #43  
Well Jason we do agree on most of this, I too would buy the ehydro cab tractor and never look back. I also wouldn't buy a new open station tractor with plans to add an aftermarket cab at a later date. Right now I am considering the purchase of a 4720 cab tractor and is why I jumped back into this forum.

For the last four years I have used a 110 tlb with the Laurin cab though and have not experienced any of the problems you mention. You seem very dissatisfied with the JDPerry cab but keep saying it is better than the Laurin? Based on what I have heard from you it doesn't sound like it is.

Steve

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #44  
and of course individual light switches for each lighting function instead of the one dial does it all thing that they have now....

Heck yeah, or at least a separate switch for work lights. This way I could use the work lights and the roof flashers at the same time for better visibility in snow instead of having to use a (pricey) beacon or performing a tedious wiring mod. Had a few near-misses during snowstorms where it was obvious other drivers couldn't see me from the side with work lights on until they got too close. You can't prevent people from driving like idiots but you can make yourself more visible.

I could understand flashers that couldn't be turned off (to make sure they're always in use on public roads) but I see no other reason for Deere to design flashers that stop working when work lights are turned on than wanting to force their beacons on customers. The way the cab is designed makes it difficult to install third-party beacons unless one wants to use a whole rack of beacons on the roof which is ridiculous overkill not to mention that it produces nauseating reflections on snow. The flashers are perfectly suited for visibility.

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #45  
your right Steve, the 110tlb model is getting older, and it needs to be redesigned again. Customers are screaming for a factory cab for this model, and yet they haven't done it yet. They could be adding lots more Horsepower to these tractors now, and of course the cab...I think the Jodale Perry cab is good, and I'm sure the Laurin is good, but you and I both know, that if John Deere ever wakes up.... they can make this unit far better now, especially now the customers are wanting it so bad...

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #46  
Yes the 110 is short on power and I too wonder why they don't have a cab version of their own. Given that, I am thinking about the (4720 weighted) to replace my old 820 38 hp utility tractor which will be a real step up in power and manueverability. I have been very happy with the ehydro for loader work though and fail to see the need for a reverser transmission.

Steve

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #47  
I could understand flashers that couldn't be turned off (to make sure they're always in use on public roads) but I see no other reason for Deere to design flashers that stop working when work lights are turned on than wanting to force their beacons on customers. The way the cab is designed makes it difficult to install third-party beacons unless one wants to use a whole rack of beacons on the roof which is ridiculous overkill not to mention that it produces nauseating reflections on snow. The flashers are perfectly suited for visibility.

On my JD 4200, the flashers are on when the headlights are on in the road position. The flashers are off when the headlight switch is set to the work light position, and the rear work light circuit is activated in place of the flashers. In my case, I have completely separate circuits for all my work lights, and the factory work-light circuit is used for a couple of PTO lights to help see what I'm doing at night should I ever need to connect/disconnect the PTO. I think the intent is that if you are in the middle of a field there is no reason for the annoying flashing lights at night.

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #48  
I think the intent is that if you are in the middle of a field there is no reason for the annoying flashing lights at night.

In the middle of a field I agree, but when you're clearing snow on or near a public road you need both the flashers and the work lights. Flashers allow you to be noticed by other drivers from a distance and warns them to slow down, work lights alone can be mistaken for car or truck lights and the other driver may not notice it's a tractor until he's dangerously near. This is where JD would want you to use their beacon kit but it's expensive and dizzying, the flashers should be available with the work lights on like they are on many other models.

Also on my tractor the rear work lights don't use the flashers' circuit, they have their own. Proof is you can still operate the turning signals -which use the flashers- with the work lights on.

I can see no valid reason why flashers are not available with the work lights on other than enticement to order the beacon kit, and I have stated the reasons why I would prefer to use the flashers instead of a beacon. Besides up here it's the law to have either a beacon or flashers when clearing snow on or near public roads.

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #49  
Karl:

My headlight/worklight switch has four positions: off, flashers only, headlights with flashers, and headlights/worklights only.

When I'm on the road during the day, the flashers are on; at night I have the headlights with flashers on.

All my additional worklights I have on there own separate circuits.

I haven't felt the need for a beacon kit; plus I have the reflective SMV emblem where approaching cars can see it...unless they are busy yakking on a cell phone, which in that case no amount of bells and whistles will get their attention.

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #50  
It is hard to know what will get someones attentiion so I use the flashers and the strobe. Is the strobe irritating in the snow? Maybe to some people but not nearly as much as a minor collision on a tractor. Tractors can be very dangerous to the operator in a collision because of all the hard surfaces and projections that protrude all around you. There aren't any impact absorbing zones on a tractor, except the operator.

Steve