Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 3320

Default Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series

Hello Everyone.

Has anybody priced an aftermarket cab for the 4x20 tractors recently?? I have a new 4120 and would like to think about a cab. I really like the factory cabs but there is one problem with them...Deere does not offer the PR trans in the cab models and I am a diehard PowerReverser guy. I had a 3320 ehydro and it did not impress me like the dealer thought it would. I should have taken the PR 3320 he had on the lot but he was sure I would like the ehydro. Anyway I was interested to know if anyone has any experience with the aftermaket cabs for this series.

Many thanks and Happy New Years everybody!!

John
    John

John Deere 3320 - 72D Auto Connect deck

Acts 2:38

Default Re: Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series

The folks at Deere told me that there are no after market Cabs.

I assumed it was true; perhaps not.

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

There are mfg. for this series. My dealer is a curtis cab dealer and there are others. I wanted to know if anyone here had any experience with them.

Thanks

John
    John

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 3520 Cab, Deere F935

Quote Originally Posted by KB9UDE View Post
    I really like the factory cabs but there is one problem with them...Deere does not offer the PR trans in the cab models and I am a diehard PowerReverser guy. I had a 3320 ehydro and it did not impress me like the dealer thought it would.
    That was EXACTLY how I felt when I started my shopping journey a year ago...I've always been a gear drive type guy and liked the PR...But ultimately I took a warm toasty snowblowing experience & ice cold AC in the summer over the tranny....a year later...I can honestly tell you there isnt a minute I'm not happy with my eHydro, the first few hours were different...took some getting used to, but I woudnt go to ANY other tranny.
    My Dad has a Laurin on his Kub and I think they are one of the best built aftermarket ones. But I can tell you its no factory cab. If resale is ANYTHING your concerned about, dont buy an aftermarket cab.

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

Quote Originally Posted by Spudland_Dave View Post
    That was EXACTLY how I felt when I started my shopping journey a year ago...I've always been a gear drive type guy and liked the PR...But ultimately I took a warm toasty snowblowing experience & ice cold AC in the summer over the tranny....a year later...I can honestly tell you there isnt a minute I'm not happy with my eHydro, the first few hours were different...took some getting used to, but I woudnt go to ANY other tranny.
    My Dad has a Laurin on his Kub and I think they are one of the best built aftermarket ones. But I can tell you its no factory cab. If resale is ANYTHING your concerned about, dont buy an aftermarket cab.
    I ran my 3320 ehydro for over 120 hours and it was ok for mowing but I still prefer PR for loader work. Do you have pics of the kubota with cab??
    John

Gold Member
    Tractor
    '09 JD 5105M Cab & '05 JD 4720 Cab

That was EXACTLY how I felt when I started my shopping journey a year ago...I've always been a gear drive type guy and liked the PR...But ultimately I took a warm toasty snowblowing experience & ice cold AC in the summer over the tranny....a year later...I can honestly tell you there isnt a minute I'm not happy with my eHydro[...]
    Same here, didn't take me long to agree with the dealer that ehydro was definitely superior when it comes to snow removal.
    JD 5105M & JD 4720 Cabbies w. Shoule reversible snow blade/Shoule rear snowblower; Pronovost blower; backhoe and some attachments I have no idea what they are for.

I ran my 3320 ehydro for over 120 hours and it was ok for mowing but I still prefer PR for loader work. Do you have pics of the kubota with cab??
    I have come mainly from gear drives my whole life, but have driven hydro's here and there. I was never impressed by hydro's, even if the loader work I was doing was with a regular gear mesh trans. I like having the most available power to the ground and I knew when I bought a new tractor it would be nothing but gear driven. So far the PRT is great, and just being able to flip a handle between F & R makes it feel like a Cadillac all in itself.
    2006 JD 3320 PowrReverser w/ 300cx Loader, 61" HD Bucket w/ Toothbar, Horst Fixed Forks, IMatch, Ballast Box, Filled R4's, Vertical Exhaust, Warning Light Brush Guards, Auxiliary Forward Lighting Kit, Rear Work Light, 68" Ratchet Rake, & a Woods PRD7200 Finish Mower
    2004 JD Gator 6x4
    67' Gravely L8
    69' Gravely 432
    75' Gravely 810
    77' Gravely Professional 5460
    81' Gravely 8173-KT
    99' Gravely 20-G
    06' Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 5.9 Cummins

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 3520 Cab, Deere F935

I've spent 550 Hours in the cab of this Kubota with GST and I'll tell you what, I'd take the eHydro any day for loader work...or ANY work for that mater.

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

I've spent 550 Hours in the cab of this kubota with GST and I'll tell you what, I'd take the eHydro any day for loader work...or ANY work for that mater.
    Thanks Dave
    I have operated a Case 580 for years so I think that is why I like the PR trans for loader work.
    John

Tractor
    L5740HSTC, L3830-723FEL w/Curtis cab, White 2-60 w/fel, IH 340U w/fel and the original QA 3PH

Check out the Laurin and Jodale-Perry websites for really nice designs. They are both from Canada. I could not justify either of them, so settled for a Curtis.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast