JD & Stihl

/ JD & Stihl #11  
"John Deere's reputation for manufacturing quality products and providing outstanding service at the dealer level aligns with our long-standing commitment to product quality and top-notch service," said STIHL Inc. President, Fred Whyte. "There are already more than 500 John Deere dealers that currently sell our products throughout the U.S. and Canada, so this is a natural extension of our business model."

Is this guy and idiot?
Where does he think JD got their saws and backpack blowers from?
Does he think Deere made them?
Bet he thinks Deere makes their walk behind snowblowers to.

/ JD & Stihl #12  
"John Deere's reputation for manufacturing quality products and providing outstanding service at the dealer level aligns with our long-standing commitment to product quality and top-notch service," said STIHL Inc. President, Fred Whyte. "There are already more than 500 John Deere dealers that currently sell our products throughout the U.S. and Canada, so this is a natural extension of our business model."

Is this guy and idiot?
Bet he thinks Deere makes their walk behind snowblowers to.

The guy is a good at marketing.... Just like yourself:D

/ JD & Stihl #13  

Is this guy and idiot?
Bet he thinks Deere makes their walk behind snowblowers to

He probably thinks that JD built the blowers for Ariens. What a melon head, another reason why I will never own a Stihl.

/ JD & Stihl #14  
He probably thinks that JD built the blowers for Ariens. What a melon head, another reason why I will never own a Stihl.

Say what you want about Stihl.....At least they aren't in the big box stores like most other brands! And they Do more for they're dealers unlike JD!

/ JD & Stihl #15  
Marketing aside, I wouldn't buy anything other than Stihl. Have about 8 chainsaws in the family, including my 044 that I love. We have everything from smaller saws to 44s and 66s with 36" bars. All are built like a tank and the dealer support is always top notch. I bought a new FS90 trimmer last year as well and love it too. I really don't care about the color, the brand, the stigma, etc., I care about quality and dealer support. I have yet to see anyone beat Stihl. Just my $.02, your mileage may vary...

/ JD & Stihl
Marketing aside, I wouldn't buy anything other than Stihl.......I care about quality and dealer support. I have yet to see anyone beat Stihl. Just my $.02, your mileage may vary...

I'm the exact opposite, I'd buy anything OTHER then a Stihl, pretty much the same reason. Around here, EVERYBODY in the woods professionally runs a Husky or Jonsered and can work on em half drunk and half asleep. I got a Jonsered 2171 for that reason (Red version of the famed 372xp)... Luckily I got a great dealer who carries all 3 brands.

From my perspective in my travels...
-Professional logging use - Husky & Jonsered Turf
-Lanscapers trimming branches, light cutting & leaf blowing = Stihl Territory

/ JD & Stihl #17  
Chainsaw - I am all Stihl. The comment about working on them half drunk - I never have to work on them... I have had some other brands - forget it.

Yard stuff - Echo has been good a coupel weed eaters and backpack blowers - can always get stuff at Home Depot. If my JD dealer had handled Stihl - I would have all Stihl.

The tree pruner I bought is a Stihl - what an impressive piece of gear.

D.

/ JD & Stihl #18  
Hmm, I come from a logging family. The Deere grapple skidder that I have posted in another thread is from my uncle's logging business. We only use Stihl here and I would say at least 75% percent of the saws I see in the woods are Stihl. They are great and the dealer support here is awesome (though the only time I seem to ever need to go is to get chain ground on occasion).