JD 110 for 3pt work?

/ JD 110 for 3pt work? #1  

GreatWhitehunter

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 110 TLB
I'd like to here real world experiances of actual owner with 110's. I know Akfish has posted a few pics and more would be great since you rarely see them using the 3pt or pto. I would be running a flail mower,post hole digger and salsco 6" chipper. Also a rake,boxblade and maybe a few others that I don't realize I need yet. I also really want to know what can I expect a 110 to lift? I would like to lift 2k without too much struggle. Is this realistic with a full bucket or forks? Is the 4 in 1 worth it? I have 48" grapple for the 3320 and it's a very useful tool. I'm not so sure the 4 in 1 will perform as well for my uses. I'm looking for real pricing also. If any of you guys wouldn't mind Pm me with what I should look to pay otd. I don't have an issue with driving for the best deal either.

Thanks
Matt:D

/ JD 110 for 3pt work? #2  
Matt, I just dropped the hoe and front grapple again today to plow snow. It was about 18F today... last time I had to switch out it was -6F!
I'm using a 7' rear blade and the 6' HD bucket with edge on the FEL. It works OK - but I'm having thoughts about a 3pt blower.

I helped a buddy move retaining wall blocks for his home project this past summer. The pallets were all around 2K (according to the block plant) and the 110 would pick 'em up OK (except one that was probably 3K). However, I wasn't lifting 'em to full height and having the weight extending out on the end of those 48" forks I wasn't about to try, either! :D His house is at the end of a steep winding drive and the truck dropped the pallets at the bottom of the hill. The loads were heavy enough that halfway up the hill, the tractor would spin out in 2wd on a dry, hard gravel road!

I wasn't interested in the 4n1. Too limited to use as a grapple on a serious basis - IMO. With the bucket up for blade use - you go with "feel" 'cause you can't see the blade. So, I got a 66" HD grapple and the HD bucket. If I had it to do over, I'd get the lighter, smaller grapple. Your current grapple might work just fine. Maybe need to weld on a SS quick-tach bracket.

One consideration after all the 3pt use - weight in the rears. I'm gonna get some anti-freeze in 'em pretty soon. With the bucket on the FEL and any kind of real lifting - really need some ballast besides tire chains and 450lb blade! Thank god, the snow is all fluff!

In the summer, I always drop the bucket when I use the 3pt. (Feels more balanced.) Especially with something like the PHD or rake.

If I can answer any other questions - let me know.

AKfish

/ JD 110 for 3pt work?
Thanks Ak, that's exactly what I was looking for. How was trailer the 110 with the dmax? I'll likely drive down to pickup if all goes well.

Matt T.:D

/ JD 110 for 3pt work? #4  
Everything went real well. Not a hiccup or even a flat tire (rap on forehead)! :D I've read alot of posts about injector problems and I hadn't had any glitches at all.. and I've used that truck to pull loads up the hill on 3 trips now.

Gotta tell ya' - during this past Spring with all the frost-heaves; I was more than ready to unhitch that trailer.... nearly 14K hooked up - buckin' and jerkin' down the highway! :(

But on those flat, civilized freeways - 65 and 70mph; makin' time! :D

Good luck, Matt. Be nice to hear how everything works out.

AKfish

/ JD 110 for 3pt work?
AK, you know what really is annoying is the fact my local dealers aren't willing to work the same deal. I told them the options I wanted and told them they needed to be under 40k. They told me there was now way I'd get that deal. And I didn't even have half the items you ordered. I really would like the 110 the only big draw back is the fact it won't fit in the garage. I'm a firm believer in keeping the toys inside. I've contacted gamble and I'm awaiting his reply. Got any more pics of the 110 in action? I can't get enough of them.'

/ JD 110 for 3pt work? #6  
AK, you know what really is annoying is the fact my local dealers aren't willing to work the same deal. I told them the options I wanted and told them they needed to be under 40k. They told me there was now way I'd get that deal. And I didn't even have half the items you ordered. I really would like the 110 the only big draw back is the fact it won't fit in the garage. I'm a firm believer in keeping the toys inside. I've contacted gamble and I'm awaiting his reply. Got any more pics of the 110 in action? I can't get enough of them.'

Matt - I hear ya... I guess that some dealers haven't figured out that ANY sale is better than NO sale.. And if you want somebody to keep comin' in the front door for oil, filters, belts, lights, blades, new mower, new tiller -- the list goes on -- that it's sometimes a much better investment to make $2K up front instead of $6K and have a customer "for life" who'll be a great personal ambassador for your dealership!

Yup, the hoe sticks WAY up there! Somethin' like 9'.

Try to get some pics of my landclearing with the excavator and the 110. My youngest son has a problem with finding the docking station for his digitial camera. Get a few posted after he does some laundry... :rolleyes:

Got some quotes from a couple of dealer's in MN and WI. Seem to recall they were around ~20% below MSRP. They came in a close 2nd to Nathan.

Good luck.

AKfish

/ JD 110 for 3pt work? #7  
I took down a 50 year old, 32" dia, Doug Fir tree today. It was getting too close to the house. The 110 with forks lifted the main 20 ft section and carried it away to storage. It was heavy. Don't know how much, but I did have to be careful and slow in moving it. With it so long on the ends, I did not want to see how high it could do. But, it lifted enough to get the job done.

Attachments

• HT0_2897asmall.jpg
    HT0_2897asmall.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 183
  • HT0_2913asmall.jpg
    HT0_2913asmall.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 274
  • HT0_2917asmall.jpg
    HT0_2917asmall.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 224
   / JD 110 for 3pt work? #8  
Good work, skidoo. (How many trips would that had been with your 2520..?) :)

Looks like Spring there. :cool: We're in for a week or so of below zero days here -- again. It's beginning to wear a bit thin...

AKfish

/ JD 110 for 3pt work? #9  
I would have had to cut it in thirds for the 2520:). But then again, it it great for smaller diameter logs too.

We get teased here a lot... Woke up today to 1/2" of white, melting this afternoon. It will tend to one day feel like spring, and then the next, a storm may dump 6" or more.

Attachments

• HEL_7569 (Medium).jpg
    HEL_7569 (Medium).jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 234
   / JD 110 for 3pt work? #10  
Has anyone here used the heavy duty box blade on the 110 yet? How much trouble is it to remove and replace the hoe?

I am about ready to mount the Frontier BB 1284 I purchased with the 110 and have never removed the hoe yet. I have about 2 acres that need smoothing out after clearing. To carry stumps and branches I found the 48" rail mount pallet forks to do a very good job, no need for grapples so far.

Steve