Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    512
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    Tractor
    John Deere 4720 Cab

    Default Re: john deere 855

    The 655.755, 855 started production at deere's Horicon Works plant in Horicon WI in the summer of 1986. I purchased one of the first 855s down the production line. In 1989 the 955 was added and I traded the 855 for one. I toured the Horicon Works factory and saw the tractors being made.in November 1989. I don't remember the year but eventually the production moved to Augusta GA and continued until they were replaced by the 4200-4600 tractors. The 4100 is Yanmar produced tractor.

    The 655-955 tractors have Yanmar engines and probably some other components made elsewhere but the tractors were assembled in the USA.

  2. #12
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: john deere 855

    thanks,thats what the dealer told me.im thinkinfg of getting a new front plow blade.i saw one on e-bay for $450.sounds like a good price.any opions?how are these tractors for mowing?im going to buy a 5ft rear finish mower.are they a comfortable tractor?

  3. #13
    Super Star Member kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,470
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Tractor
    John Deere 4110

    Default Re: john deere 855

    Quote Originally Posted by klint View Post
    thanks,thats what the dealer told me.im thinkinfg of getting a new front plow blade.i saw one on e-bay for $450.sounds like a good price.any opions?how are these tractors for mowing?im going to buy a 5ft rear finish mower.are they a comfortable tractor?
    Sorry to have mislead you...I really thought Yanmar made them-my stupidity...


    What blade did you see? If it's a #380 then that is an OK price.

    I bought one for $400 and modified it to fit my 4110, man that blade is built like a tank!
    John Deere 4110HST
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks, I-Match, Ballast Box, #380 plow (modified to fit), Markham LD-48 Grapple, Trac-Vac 854 and lots of other STUFF.

    John Deere 4x2 Turf Gator

    View some of my projects/adventures in my Picasa Album

    Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

  4. #14
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: john deere 855

    im not sure i will have to check

  5. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: john deere 855

    Quote Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
    Sorry to have mislead you...I really thought Yanmar made them-my stupidity...


    What blade did you see? If it's a #380 then that is an OK price.

    I bought one for $400 and modified it to fit my 4110, man that blade is built like a tank!

    I just sold my 380 to a guy last night for $400 also. I have a 855 and didn't like the fact I had to take off my loader and loader mounting brackets to put the 380 blade on. So between my 54" front snow plow blade and my 6' rear blade I didn't need the 380 blade. I think I'm going to buy a phd to help stimulate the economy with the money I got from selling the 380.

    thanks

    HD03King

  6. #16
    Gold Member slaveToHorses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    434
    Location
    Oregon
    Tractor
    JD 2355, JD 3720,JD 855, JD LX280

    Default Re: john deere 855

    Quote Originally Posted by HD03King View Post
    ... I have a 855... I think I'm going to buy a phd to help stimulate the economy with the money I got from selling the 380.HD03King
    Careful.
    I tried using my Rino PHD on my 855. The tractor was so small that the 3PT couldn't lift the PHD high enough for the auger to hang down straight. I had to rig up something to keep the auger from dragging when I moved. Then I had back the auger into the hole at an angle.
    Other than that, it had no trouble though. Plenty of torque to dig the holes.
    No issues at all on my 3720.
    JD2355,JD3720w/447BH,JD855w/7BH,JDLX280,...

  7. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Tractor
    John Deere 855

    Default Re: john deere 855

    Great tractor I borrowed one for a month and dug trenches with the backhoe and worked the loader quite a bit.
    Now I would like to buy one or a model 955 4X4 with loader and a backhoe.
    John

  8. #18
    Platinum Member JD755's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    895
    Location
    Kansas
    Tractor
    John Deere 755 purchased new in 1993

    Default Re: john deere 855

    Quote Originally Posted by TCowner View Post
    The 655.755, 855 started production at deere's Horicon Works plant in Horicon WI in the summer of 1986. I purchased one of the first 855s down the production line. In 1989 the 955 was added and I traded the 855 for one. I toured the Horicon Works factory and saw the tractors being made.in November 1989. I don't remember the year but eventually the production moved to Augusta GA and continued until they were replaced by the 4200-4600 tractors. The 4100 is Yanmar produced tractor.

    The 655-955 tractors have Yanmar engines and probably some other components made elsewhere but the tractors were assembled in the USA.
    With all the wrong guesses circulating about where JD tractors are made, this post by TCowner very accurately nails where the x55 CUTs were made. Good information for those purchasing used X55 machines. The 4100 and 4200-4600 info is also correct.
    JD 755, 70 Loader, 60 inch MMM, Landpride rear blade, Modern box blade, Wallace subsoiler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.