3320 or 3520

/ 3320 or 3520 #1  

3500DIESEL

Bronze Member
Tractor
2006 Kubota BX2350 with canopy
thinking of upgrading from a kubota bx2350 and was wondering whats the better buy the 3320 has a bigger motor then the 3520, but the 3520 has a turbo what one would you buy? Ive never drove a tractor with a turbo besides a JD 4320 farm tractor.

/ 3320 or 3520 #2  
Tell us a bit more about your intended use. In terms of ground engaging, traction would probably fail before horsepower is insufficient. For PTO work is the extra power needed? Are you looking at O/S or Cab model with Air Conditioning. Hydraulics for FEL / BH etc would be the same for either.

/ 3320 or 3520 #3  
Hi 3500,

I have had both tractors, first the 3320 now the 3520 and liked them both.

The 3520 actually feels less powerful until you get the turbo spinning (2000+ rpm) in my experience--don't know hoe torque/hp curves match that though.

Because of that I preferred the 3320 for loader work & using the box on the back, as It seemed to be as capable at a few hundred less rpm (for the ears to deal with). Both lost traction before they ran out of power though.

Using the PTO though, the 3520 has noticeably more grunt at PTO rpms... the cutter and tiller don't bog down as readily, and you can set the slip clutch a little tighter.

If you plan on a cab the turbo will be needed to offset the increased heat/AC load on the motor.

Good luck! Both are nice machines.

/ 3320 or 3520 #4  
Hiya,

Another consideration is the lay of the land it will be used on. Flat land minimizes the HP needed to move the tractor whereas living on a mountain increases the HP requirement. Going up inclines eats up a lot of power.

Most tractors that I have had on my mountain property won't pull high range coming up the driveway unloaded. Put some weight in the bucket, a ballast box and loaded tires and its even worse.

Tom

/ 3320 or 3520
well its going to be a cab tractor with a loader and rear finish mower for mowing also want to get a plow for the loader. I have semi hilly terrain not terrible though. most use will be for lawn and loader work around the house and the farm. Does it really make that much of a difference with the ac and heat in the cab that i need a few more HP?

/ 3320 or 3520 #6  
I have a 3520 cab and whatever hp loss there is with the AC it's not noticable. Its not like you turn on the AC and the engine bogs down. No difference with it on or off. I run the AC all the time whether its cooling or heating mode. The reason I run the AC while heating is that it keeps the moisture from fogging up the inside of the windows. The only downfall of the 3x20 series is the rear wheel stance is too narrow. I went with 4 inch wheel extensions to gain an extra 8 inches in the rear. Depends on your terrain as to whether you will need the extra stability.

P1010793.jpg

Sincerely, Dirt

/ 3320 or 3520
Thats a great looking setup there dirt I want the stack through the hood aswell did you make the wheel spacers or buy them? The reason i just dont jump on the 3520 is its $2000 more for just a few my HP

/ 3320 or 3520 #8  
I bought the wheel extensions from Unverferth thru one of their dealers. They are pricey, but worth the extra cost for the added safety. Out of the box the 3520 just wasn't safe on our hills.

Sincerely, Dirt

P1010653.jpg

P1010655.jpg

/ 3320 or 3520 #9  
I bought the wheel extensions from Unverferth thru one of their dealers. They are pricey, but worth the extra cost for the added safety. Out of the box the 3520 just wasn't safe on our hills.

Sincerely, Dirt

P1010653.jpg

P1010655.jpg
Hi dirtwork, how much for the 4" extensions and where did you get them? My land is fairly flat but I have ditches that I'd like to start mowing this year with a rough mower. I've been in the ditches already and didn't have any trouble but some added comfort would be nice. Don't really like the feeling that you could tip any second.

/ 3320 or 3520
Thanks for the imput dirt I really only have one hill that i have to go sideways on and i was thinking of loading the tires and wheel weights for that.