John deere 4520?

/ John deere 4520? #1  

exchi26

Hello, Looking for some advice. I recently bought 70 acres of land. I have been looking at the John Deere 4520 and the Kubota M 6040. I know the 6040 is not a compact. However, I do like the compactness of the 4520. I have about 14 acres of fields to cut. I do not plan on doing any major farming. I will be cleaning up around the farm. So the fel is a must. I will also need to move some dirt around from time to time. Any suggestions?

/ John deere 4520? #2  
I just ordered a new 4520 cab unit so I guess I am biased. A 60 hp tractor is a good size for a wide variety of implements. I would add the ehydro for loader work, telescopic draft links (makes hitching up much easier), rear wheel weights about 330 lbs per wheel, front grill guard (I think this comes with the loader option but check to verify) and the e pto option. I prefer the R4 tires and extra hydraulics but depends on what you want to do. I
would go with the 400cx fel. Once you have it you will find lots of things to use it for.

Congratulations on the new farm and have fun with it.

Steve

/ John deere 4520?
Thanks,
If you dont mind me asking, What kind of deal did you get? I am looking at the 4520 cab, fel, ehydro,540E pto, The price I got was 42,200. Seems a little high

Last edited: