Tractor Sizing 410 Bucket Size

/ 410 Bucket Size #1  

Bertilak

Tractor
JD 4115
I just ordered a 4110 (woohoo!) with a 410 FEL. The dealer didn't ask what size bucket I wanted. Before I go back and ask what size he spec'd in the price, I want to know if the 410's come with a standard bucket size and what that size is.

Does anyone know about this?

/ 410 Bucket Size #2  
Mine came with a 53" bucket, but I thought that I wanted the 61". Come to find out, I like the 53" bacause you can lean out on the side of the tractor while on in the seat and still see the cutting edge of the bucket. This is very useful when you are trying to get the lip under something or between something. I thought that I would go with the 61" so that when I was moving mulch and other light stuff I could get the biggest bite I could. But after using the 53" for a while waiting for my 61" to arrive, I have called them and told the dealer I was keeping the 53".

Just my two cents worth!

/ 410 Bucket Size #3  
I got mine with the 49 inch bucket. My chores included more digging than carrying mulch or light materials, and I thought the 49 inch would be more efficient. I am pleased with the choice. The tractor weight is the limiting factor when digging and scraping, and the 49 inch bucket works well. With the larger bucket, I would lose traction sooner. If your work involves more carrying than digging, get one of the larger buckets.

/ 410 Bucket Size #4  
When the dealer builds your price he should ask what bucket size you want.
In retrospect I wish I would have ordered the 53"er with my 410 FEL. I got the 49" (50" overall width) with the 4115 which, with R4's, measures 53" sidewall to sidewall. Bucket capacity is not a big issue for me since I'm retired and time is not in short supply.
Next trip to the dealer I'll check on swap possibilities.

/ 410 Bucket Size #5  
I just ordered my 4110 and the dealer asked what size bucket I wanted. I took the 61" bucket. I have a 4 stall horse barn and this is the max size bucket I could use and still fit down the middle of the barn.

Mark

/ 410 Bucket Size #6  
I ordered my 4100 with a 53" bucket last fall. The rationale of the other replies here pretty much go along with what I was advised by my dealer. My bucket is a little wider (about 3" on each side) than overall width of the tractor. When digging, which is the majority of what I do in non-snow weather, that gives me visibility and a little extra room to run the tractor through after digging (the same applies to cutting a path through the snow). I have loaded all my tires with SuperFlex and that gives a substantial increase in traction and stability with my R-4s. I'm extremely pleased with the 53" bucket and the setup I have.

<font color=green>Duane</font color=green>