Deere is now selling parts for other tractors??

/ Deere is now selling parts for other tractors?? #1  

RollingsFarms

Veteran Member
Tractor
Few John Deere's and one Ford 3600 diesel.
i got a flyer in the mail today from Deere advertising their spring specials. as i looked it over, something blue caught my eye. it stood out like a sore thubm in the middle of all that green and yellow. as i read closely i noticed it was a seat for a New Holland tractor:eek: what in the world? is this a typo or a prank of some kind? nope! Deere announced that they now carry parts for "whatever color machine you have". more then 2 million cross rferenced parts availible! does this mean the playing field for parts availibilty is now more level because of Deere doing this? is this in anyway related to the current state of the economy? someone please share your thoughts on this.

/ Deere is now selling parts for other tractors?? #2  
i got a flyer in the mail today from Deere advertising their spring specials. as i looked it over, something blue caught my eye. it stood out like a sore thubm in the middle of all that green and yellow. as i read closely i noticed it was a seat for a New Holland tractor:eek: what in the world? is this a typo or a prank of some kind? nope! Deere announced that they now carry parts for "whatever color machine you have". more then 2 million cross rferenced parts availible! does this mean the playing field for parts availibilty is now more level because of Deere doing this? is this in anyway related to the current state of the economy? someone please share your thoughts on this.

Interesting!! Let me know if you find out more. :)

/ Deere is now selling parts for other tractors?? #3  
It probably has something to do with Deere owning a large slice of A&I. A&I has become one of the premier aftermarket parts suppliers in the US. Many dealers of all brands along with Independent shops also handle A&I, and I'm thinking the A&I brand figures into this Deere promotion. So far as I know, A&I shares some warehouse space with Deere, and Deere dealers can stock order A&I stuff along with genuine Deere parts. Perhaps someone with more info than I will correct me or verify this.

/ Deere is now selling parts for other tractors?? #4  
Deere has been selling some parts for other brands for the last few years. They are partnered with an Iowa based aftermarket parts manufacture/distributor called A&I. I can buy all the filters for my IH1466 at the same time I am buying them for my JD 4430. One stop shopping. :D They have clutches, mufflers, seats, filters and many more parts for alot of different colors. John Deere calls it Parts Country I believe.

/ Deere is now selling parts for other tractors?? #5  
Deere has been selling some parts for other brands for the last few years. They are partnered with an Iowa based aftermarket parts manufacture/distributor called A&I. I can buy all the filters for my IH1466 at the same time I am buying them for my JD 4430. One stop shopping. :D They have clutches, mufflers, seats, filters and many more parts for alot of different colors. John Deere calls it Parts Country I believe.

How are the prices??

/ Deere is now selling parts for other tractors?? #6  
It is all about making sales, and getting you in the door. The more you visit the dealers store the better their chances of selling a big ticket item.

Steve

/ Deere is now selling parts for other tractors?? #7  
   / Deere is now selling parts for other tractors?? #8  
It is all about making sales, and getting you in the door. The more you visit the dealers store the better their chances of selling a big ticket item.

Steve

Are you saying that like it's a negative thing?:confused:

/ Deere is now selling parts for other tractors?? #9  
Are you saying that like it's a negative thing?:confused:

No.

I have had my own businesses for most of my working life. The purpose of a business is to make money, Deere and Company already has a parts distribution system in place for their own equipment, if adding other lines is profitable for them then it is a good thing. I would think it would increase the traffic through the doors too, and in turn enables the green guys to develop relationships over time with "red and orange" guys.:D

Steve

/ Deere is now selling parts for other tractors?? #10  
My local New Holland dealer is an A&I affiliate as well.