bagger hydraulic dump on 2520??

/ bagger hydraulic dump on 2520?? #1  

shaunc

Hi y'all, I'm looking for information re: an MCS bagger with hydraulic dump or viable alternatives on JD compact tractors .

I'm a disabled driver planning to buy a JD2520 after looking into the AutoConnect, OnRamp and I-Match quick hitch features. I chose JD and the 2520 primarily because a 3-Bag Power Flow System with hydraulic dump is available. I'm not able to climb off the tractor to dump the bags of grass and climb back on again, so the hydraulic dump and other quick connect features make the 2520 a good decision for me. After working up a quote with the JD salesman for the package deal of a 2520, trailer, front end loader, tiller, midmount mower, 3-Bag Power Flow System and post hole digger I was satisfied with the price and ready to sign the papers. The next day the salesman advised the hydraulic dump is available only on commercial mowers, not compact tractors as advertised on the JD web site.

The 2520 is a good fit for me and my mobility issues, but there is no way I can manually dump the bags of grass. I might as well not buy the 3-Bag Power Flow System, which opens the door for looking at other brands of compact tractors that are a few $1,000 dollars less expensive.

I appreciate any information, suggestions or opinions. Thanks.

The website describing the hydraulic dump feature for compact tractor mowers is at this link:
JohnDeere Utility Tractor Attachments and Accessories
under Mowing, Material Collection System

It describes the MCS as "Collect and carry on while leaving a flawless finish. Choose from a manual dump or a hydraulic dump model for no leaving the seat when emptying."

/ bagger hydraulic dump on 2520?? #2  
Did you check on the MCS 580 L or H? This is supposed to be a new model collection system available for the 2xxx series tractors as well as the X700 series. Looks like a premium unit with large capacity and the features you will need. If the pictures don't post then follow the links listed below to find this attachment.

From the John Deere site,

John Deere International
John Deere International

Worldwide Sites
Our Company
Contact Us
Site Search
Products Service &
Support Parts Distributor
Information Info &
Fun About Us

Commercial Groundscare>Ride-on Lawn Equipment>X 700-Series>Attachments

Homeowner (Lawn & Garden)

Commercial Groundscare

Ride-on Lawn Equipment

X 700-Series

Attachments
Specifications

Golf & Turf Equipment

Other Equipment

Material Collection System 580L - 580H

Pick up and stay on-the-go with the all-new hydraulic dump 580L and 580H Material Collection Systems. It is a commercial model designed to fit on the X700 Series Tractors and on 2020 Series Compact Utility Tractors. Available in low and high-dump versions with 600 and 850 ltr. capacities.

Convenient Service Door
Easily open rear cover for quick cleaning to improve air flow when operating in wet conditions or in short dry grass.
Steel Blower Housing and Fan
Durable steel blower housing and fan provide superior performance in both short, lush grass and long, wet grass.
Improved Ground Clearance
Enjoy easier loading and unloading from transport trailers thanks to an over 265 mm ground clearance.

High Dump option
Hydraulically dump clippings into trucks with sides and other containers, lift height is over 1.8 metres high.
Easy Installation
A simple, 4-position connection ensures that this unit can be easily installed onto an X700 Tractor by one person.
Optional Fill Indicator
Keep mowing until youæ±*e at maximum capacity. Convenient optional fill indicator provides audible signal when collector is full.
Collector Lid Lock
No more æ¾±usting out when full. Collector features a mechanical lock that keeps the lid closed until you want it open.

PRINT Page

Copyright ゥ 1996-2009 Deere & Company.
All Rights Reserved. Sitemap | Privacy | Legal | Impressum

/ bagger hydraulic dump on 2520?? #5  
That is not available in the US is it?

Don't know if it is available or not, it was introduced in the fall and may be available now or in the near future. I would think an inquiry would be in order. I am looking for something similar myself that would pickup pine needles, got any ideas?

Steve

/ bagger hydraulic dump on 2520?? #6  
Hi Gentleman,
The collection system that you depict for the 2020 series tractor looks like it is made by Wiedenmann in Germany for Deere. It is quite similar to the MCS 600 which I am very familiar. I have a MCS 600 for my front mower, originally a 1435. I bumped up the hp to 36 from 24 for more power.
If you can get your hands on one in the United States it would be great. It looks like it is modeled after the collection system called the "favorit" on the Wiedenmann web site. The MCS 600 works great and combined with the 7-iron deck, it has no problem picking up pine needles and leaves.
Let me know if these collectors are available in the states. I would highly recommend the most hp possible for equipment like this. In other words, the 2720.

/ bagger hydraulic dump on 2520?? #7  
Hi Gentleman,
The collection system that you depict for the 2020 series tractor looks like it is made by Wiedenmann in Germany for Deere. It is quite similar to the MCS 600 which I am very familiar. I have a MCS 600 for my front mower, originally a 1435. I bumped up the hp to 36 from 24 for more power.
If you can get your hands on one in the United States it would be great. It looks like it is modeled after the collection system called the "favorit" on the Wiedenmann web site. The MCS 600 works great and combined with the 7-iron deck, it has no problem picking up pine needles and leaves.
Let me know if these collectors are available in the states. I would highly recommend the most hp possible for equipment like this. In other words, the 2720.

Any ballpark idea of what to expect for a price?

Steve

/ bagger hydraulic dump on 2520?? #8  
Steve
The current model MCS600 is posted on the deere website for $5760.
There is one available on Machine finder for about 4K.
This model is only for the front mowers.
I tried once to buy a Wiedenmann favorit from Germany and it is prohibitively expensive. Economics are changing rapidly world-wide and if the product is not available through deere in the US you should give Will a call at Wiedenmann in Georgia. Wiedenmann imports other products here in the states but has yet to bring in the rear PTO collection systems. I truly hope deere brings them over. They are outstanding.
gjsnow

/ bagger hydraulic dump on 2520?? #9  
Thanks for the info,

Steve

/ bagger hydraulic dump on 2520?? #10  
My dealer sold a 2320 with Powerflow set-up to throw the grass into a tow-behind trailer that could be hydraulically dumped to the local Little League. Not sure what the trailer costs, but you obviously don't use the bags then.