JD5045E

/ JD5045E #1  

JD5045

Tractor
JD5045E
Fist post but long time reader.

I was surprised with the delivery on a new JD 5045E Yesterday. We speced this tractor out last Fall and it ended up being my birthday present. :D 4 wheel drive, loader equiped hydraulics, R4 tires, and an MX6 cutter. I hope to post reviews after it sees use in the field (15+ acres of pasture to rough cut). Here are a few pictures. Enjoy!

Johnny

Attachments

• 5045.jpg
    5045.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 2,409
  • 5045-2.jpg
    5045-2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 4,340
   / JD5045E #2  
Great looking machine, congratulations!

Welcome to TBN:D

/ JD5045E #3  
Welcome to TBN! You got yourself a real beauty there! Congratulations. First post for this new model 5000 series, I believe.

Lookin' forward to hearing how your new tractor works out for you.

AKfish

/ JD5045E #4  
Very Nice Tractor!

I have never seen a 5000 series with R-4's. I am sure you will llove the tractor!

/ JD5045E #6  
Fist post but long time reader.

I was surprised with the delivery on a new JD 5045E Yesterday. We speced this tractor out last Fall and it ended up being my birthday present. :D 4 wheel drive, loader equiped hydraulics, R4 tires, and an MX6 cutter. I hope to post reviews after it sees use in the field (15+ acres of pasture to rough cut). Here are a few pictures. Enjoy!

Johnny

Welcome Johnny.
BTW what did you use to cut the pasture before the present?

/ JD5045E #7  
Sweet! Let us know how you like it. My 5045D should be coming home next week, we'll compare notes...

/ JD5045E
Thanks for the comments!

Irwin... The land was planted with alfalfa years ago and we had a farmer down the street cut and bail for the first few years. The alfalfa was thinning and we just want pastures on about 15 of the 23 acres. This tractor will be ideal for this or future work (900 gravel drive to maintain, food plots, etc..). We probably don't need 4WD but it is very nice to have if we add a front end loader or for resale.

BG... Yes we will have to compare notes. I'm waiting for things to dry out before I get out for a drive. For now I am satisfied with going out to the barn and sitting on the seat for awhile. :D:D

Johnny

/ JD5045E #9  
I'm about to order a 5075E MFWD so I'm also very anxious to hear all about the 5045E...please keep us updated!

/ JD5045E #10  
I have never seen R-4'a on that size tractor either but I like the look. I can guess that's a 45HP but is it a three or five cylinder? Mine is a 75HP JD 5520 and I really like it. That 5000 series is bulletproof.
We could use a few more photos when you get around to it. Congrats!