New tractor pix

/ New tractor pix #1  

deere755

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case 2090 Massey Ferguson 4233 John Deere 4700
Here are some pix of the new 4700 and the old 755. I wish the R1 tires and rims were here.

Attachments

• john deeres 002.jpg
    john deeres 002.jpg
    741.8 KB · Views: 395
  • john deeres 003.jpg
    john deeres 003.jpg
    724.5 KB · Views: 425
  • john deeres 004.jpg
    john deeres 004.jpg
    719.8 KB · Views: 256
   / New tractor pix #2  
Nice!! :) Are you replacing an older tractor with the 4700?? And what do you mount the tool box to the weights with?? Could you post a pic of that?

:) How many hours? Hydro?

/ New tractor pix
Nice!! :) Are you replacing an older tractor with the 4700?? And what do you mount the tool box to the weights with?? Could you post a pic of that?

:) How many hours? Hydro?

We are going to keep the 755. We have done a lot of work to it and they don't want to give me much for it. It still handles the 2 row planter nice as well as the 4 ft bush hog.

I made a kind of a square shaped c bracket for the toolbox out of 3 pieces of 1 1/2 inch wide flat steel and just drilled holes thru the bottom of the box and bolted it to the bracket. I then drilled a hole on each side of the bracket and used ready rod or threaded rod and ran it thru the handle part of the weights. I just tightened the nuts on both sides and clamped it together. Iwill try to get a close up of it. I am actually making one just like it for the new tractor.

The tractor has just a shade over a thousand hours on it. It has the 12 reverser transmition.

/ New tractor pix #4  
Those power reverser transmissions are so nice!!!!

I SEEM TO LIKE THEM

2001 JD 4500 Power Reverser
2004 JD 4120 Power Reverser
2008 JD 4120 Power Reverser

Does anyone else see a pattern here??:rolleyes:

/ New tractor pix #5  
Lucky! Have fun with your new tractor. What are you going to to use it for? I would have loaders on them and backhoes. :D Does your 755 have 2wd or 4wd?

Last edited:
   / New tractor pix
Lucky! Have fun with your new tractor. What are you going to to use it for? I would have loaders on them and backhoes. :D Does your 755 have 2wd or 4wd?

We have contracts to plant several acres of wild life plots and now we have been asked to bid on some bush hog mowing. In our biggest contract we also have to spray the wildlife plots. The new tractor will do mostly tillage work like run the disk or our small field cultivator. We will also use it for spraying since it is gear driven it will be easier to calabrate the sprayer. The 755 will do most of the planting it is 2wd. If we get our bush hog mowing contract we will use both of them for mowing. We just did 31 acres of spraying fescue today that will be planted into some type of warm season grass. We will be renting a drill to do the seeding for that and I will use the 4700 on the drill. We felt with the contracts we had lined up this year we needed another tractor and we had the income to support buying one.

/ New tractor pix #7  
I'm not a Deere man but that older unit reminds me of how JD used to be different to other makes in many ways.

IE; headlights on mudguards, cooling intake on sides, curved diagonal cab door placement, closed centre hydraulics. I'm sure others can think of more differences.

JD doesn't seem quite so "individual" these days.