2305 buying decisions

/ 2305 buying decisions #1  

98ramtough

Bronze Member
Morning fellas. Looking for some help in a purchase decision. Currently I have a X300 lawn mower and a B7100 Kubota with FEL and 60" MMM and 48inch box scraper. The B7100 is only 16HP but is a WORK horse. I have my new purchase narrowed down between a few models.

Kubota BX1850 or BX2350 OR JD 2305. Either model will have a MMM and FEL.

The BX1850 with FEL and MMM is $11k brand new.

The JD 2305 with 200x FEL is $11500 and has 17 hours. I can get a 54C MMM for this with 1 hour on it for $1000.

My fear of getting the BX1850 is it will not be as tough as my current B7100 as it looks a lot lighter built. The front end loader on this unit does come off very easily and it looks like it would be a nice mower.

Does the JD2305 with the 200x loader come off easy? IT is not the CX. What is the diff between the two? Is this a good deal on the JD?

Service wise the JD dealer around here seems to be a LOT better than the kubota dealer. Currently when my kubota needs serviced I have the local JD dealer do the service because they are faster and a lot cheaper.

I have a 2 acre yard as far as mowing so either a 54 or 60" deck will work fine. I have a few trees to mow around but I have land scaped it so that a bigger mower can get around just fine. I need a loader and box scraper to finish my landscaping, help build retaining walls etc. And lets face it, once you have had a FEL, it is impossible to go back to not having one.

Does anyone have any comments on how the 2305 with 54C deck is as a mower if the FEL and rear attachment comes off? Does ok with the R4 tires? The BX1850 has turf tires which would be great for mowing, but I am scared the FEL work would suck with the turf tires...

Thanks for listening to the rambling, lets hear it guys!

/ 2305 buying decisions #2  
It appears that the 200X loader is not intended to be easily removed. The JD site says this:

Mounting frame

Mounting frame (shown with loader removed)

The mounting frames bolt to the tractor chassis and utilizes a cross tie for added strength.

The 200X Loader is is non-parking loader and is intended to remain on the tractor at all times.

Well, the picture didn't paste in, but you get the idea. Otherwise, I think either would be a good purchase for your uses with the nod going to the 2305 in terms of capability.

Last Updated : 23-Jun-2008

/ 2305 buying decisions #3  
Chuck is 100% correct, the 200x does NOT include the Quick-Park feature while the 200CX does, that is the only difference between the two models. I think it can be added but not sure of he cost.

There are LOTS of threads on how great the 2305 is with a MMM.

/ 2305 buying decisions
Ok a new tractor just came into the mix. Talked to another dealer and he is taking a 2305 on trade this week that has 140 hours and is just going out of warranty. It never came in with any warranty issues though. It has the 200CX loader and is in perfect condition. He is thinking $10k on this one. The 200x is a deal breaker for me. I have to be able to get the loader on and off easily and quickly.

/ 2305 buying decisions #5  
140 hours is nothing, just make sure the 50 hr service was done, or have the dealer include it in the deal.

/ 2305 buying decisions #6  
Ok a new tractor just came into the mix. Talked to another dealer and he is taking a 2305 on trade this week that has 140 hours and is just going out of warranty. It never came in with any warranty issues though. It has the 200CX loader and is in perfect condition. He is thinking $10k on this one. The 200x is a deal breaker for me. I have to be able to get the loader on and off easily and quickly.

98ramtough ,

I bought a 2305 used last year with a 200CX FEL and a 62" MMM for $10.9K. Sounds like your deal will be similar. I couldn't be any happier with the strength, versatility, and ease of use of this tractor. I haven't cut much grass, but have done a fair amount of loader work. The ONLY thing that I don't like is that the ROPS won't fold down for those rare instances where clearance is non-negotiable!

Good luck with your decision.

Frank

/ 2305 buying decisions #7  
Having used my 2305 to cut grass for two years now, I can tell you that it will cut evenly without bogging down at whatever speed you can stand the ride. It's also very manuverable for something it's size! Removing/mounting the MMM deck takes ~5 minutes on a flat, smooth surface. Same with the 200CX - easy as pie... Mine has turf tires and I've never had an issue using the FEL to push into piles. Like anything else, you'll learn quickly how to do it best to fill up the bucket. I've moved several tons of dirt, sand, stone, and bricks... Balance it out by putting weight on the back end and don't hope to move too fast - it is a bit slow on the hydraulics. But otherwise, it will perform whatever trick you want it to, except playing dead!

I suspect you'd like the Kubota machines just as well. From my research and understanding, the biggest difference is ergonomics - which ever ergo package you like better will be the better machine for you.

/ 2305 buying decisions #8  
I had a BX2200 before I got my JD 2210 (which is the model prior to the 2305). Kubota builds a good tractor, no question, but the JD does a far superior job of mowing. In response to my complaints about the appearance of the lawn after mowing with the BX2200, a Kubota field rep came to inspect the tractor. He admitted that it did not cut evenly, but he had no solution for the problem. A second BX2200 which the dealer brought out to compare demonstrated the identical uneven cut. A change to a B7510 was no better since Kubota had changed the MMM that was outstanding on a prior B7200. That's when I gave up on Kubota after 20 years and made the change to JD. While I miss some old friends at the Kubota dealership, I have never regretted making the switch. The proof is in the appearance of my one-acre lawn. It's never looked better since I went green!

/ 2305 buying decisions #9  
Just noticed on Craig's List, St. Louis, MO, a 2305 with 200 hours for $10,250. Also has FEL and tiller extra. Might be worth a look. Located in Hannibel, MO.

/ 2305 buying decisions #10  
a friend at work just bought a 2305 and his rops fold. also he muct have the cx loader as he has removed his and has a jd sweeper which runs off the mid pto i guess. looks to me it's the rear pto, the case that the rear pto is in just has a shaft coming out of the front of it and then there is this monster shaft running all the way to the sweeper.