Homier Tools... Did I make a mistake?????/////

/ Homier Tools... Did I make a mistake?????///// #1  

brian22

Tractor
2720 John Deere
I just purchsed 250 dollars of Homier tools.. I have heard from many other sites that the Homier tools are junk. I don't really have any tools at all, and I thought I would buy a bunch of cheap tools for the 10 - 20 times a year I may need them. Did I make a huge mistake, or will these tools fit my simple needs for years to come? I bought a bunch of hand tools... from hammers, socket sets, screw drivers, pliars and so on...!!!

/ Homier Tools... Did I make a mistake?????///// #2  
I have quite a large collection of tools built up over 40 years or so but never heard of Homier tools before.

You know of course that collecting tools is about as habit forming as cigarettes.

Steve

/ Homier Tools... Did I make a mistake?????///// #3  
Homier = Harbor Freight Tools without the service, alot of other brands with the same exact products: Speedway, Cummins, etc... I serioulsy think all these tools roll out of the same chinese factories just painted up differently for their respective brands.

IMO, You didnt get "screwed", but you got what you paid for. If anything its a good starting point and when they break, chuck em and buy a Craftsman or other brand name replacement.

Having the "RIGHT" tool is better in the long run even if its a cheapie tool. I just bought 100 bucks worth of Snap on sockets (8 sockets :eek:) but I also have gotten more then my money's worth from my Harbor Freight 3/4" Drive Breaker Bar.

/ Homier Tools... Did I make a mistake?????///// #4  
Believe it or not but I still am using a 1/2 drive socket set I purchased from Harbor Freight in 1980.

/ Homier Tools... Did I make a mistake?????///// #5  
you're fine.
keep the receipts and if you break one, take it to next season's Homier truckload sale.
they're the same tools as HF, just not as convenient to get a replacement.
if you bought them feeling that it wouldn't hurt your feelings of one were broken, lost, or stolen, then you're not out anything when it happens.
In reality, they're probably just as good (or bad) as the majority of the "house brand" tools at Kmart, Target, or Wally World - or even "companion" brand at Sears.

/ Homier Tools... Did I make a mistake?????/////
Thanks dont feel quite as bad now!

/ Homier Tools... Did I make a mistake?????///// #7  
But I gota ask why ?

$250 would get a nice set of craftsman.

/ Homier Tools... Did I make a mistake?????///// #8  
You can also go online or phone to replace any tools. My first plasma cutter was from Homier and worked quite well...the first year. Second plasma cutter was from Harbor frieght and is a much better quality unit. IMO Harbor frieght is a step above Homier. Maybe not much but I really haven't had much problem with Harbor frieght but anything I've gotten from Homier has really been trash. The problem with poor quality tools is when they break you usually get hurt in the process. At a minimum scraped nuckles to very serious depending on what your working on. When it comes to hand tools I go for the best I can afford.

/ Homier Tools... Did I make a mistake?????///// #9  
As I've said before on this board, my philosophy on buying tools is simple. If it's something that I need but won't use very often then I tend to buy cheap. The logic is that even a cheap tool will last for years if it's not used a lot. Now, if it's something that's going to see a lot of constant use then I buy the best that I can find and afford.

So, as a casual user your Homier tools should last you for a long, long time. Probably a smart buy.

/ Homier Tools... Did I make a mistake?????///// #10  
As I've said before on this board, my philosophy on buying tools is simple. If it's something that I need but won't use very often then I tend to buy cheap. The logic is that even a cheap tool will last for years if it's not used a lot. Now, if it's something that's going to see a lot of constant use then I buy the best that I can find and afford.

So, as a casual user your Homier tools should last you for a long, long time. Probably a smart buy.

The problem can be that you own a particular tool so you count on it one day, and because it is a "cheap" tool it fails, and your hosed.

I don't believe in always buying top of the line, but a tool that is nothing more than a stage prop, is worse than nothing.