Price Check Price check on 2008 5203 FWD

/ Price check on 2008 5203 FWD #1  

bpsooner

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M5040 with FEL, JD X320 Lawn Tractor
I am looking for some opinions on a 2008 JD5203:

56 hp, 20 hrs., 4 X 4, pto, 3 pt., rops, joystick, 1 set of hydraulics, w/ JD 522 frontend loader and 6 foot bucket, includes boxblade

Asking price is $24,000. Still under full JD warranty........

Any Opinions?

/ Price check on 2008 5203 FWD #2  

56 hp, 20 hrs., 4 X 4, pto, 3 pt., rops, joystick, 1 set of hydraulics, w/ JD 522 frontend loader and 6 foot bucket, includes boxblade

Any Opinions?

looking for opinions on if the price is fair or what i think about the tractor? to be safe, i'll give you both:D last september i was in dire need for a new tractor as my old one was starting to get in over its head as the jobs on my farm were expanding. when all was said and done i came home with a JD 5203 MFWD set up exactly as you described, minus the fel(my tractor came with joystick and mid and rear remotes btw). no wheeling and dealing, no haggling back and forth, price was $19,500 at 0% for 48 months. sounded good to me! i had my mind made up on getting a 50-65hp tractor, and my salesman assured me that the 5203 would do the jobs i required of it. told me if it didn't, call him and hed bring me out a 5303. never needed to call him. my friend has a 5105 2wd, and when he drove my 5203 he admitted that my tractor just "felt stronger" then his. must have been the turbo, i dunno. as far as personal opinions go, i am very pleased with this tractor in the almost year that i've owned it. let me assure you that this is no "weekend worker", she works almost day in and day out. i do not abuse my equipment but i do work it to its full potential most of the time. its answered and in fact exceeded my demands in some aspects. i recently added some weight to her(filled rear tires and added a set of rear wheel weights) and let me tell you, this thing will PULL, son! i have a 6' disk that weighs around 800lbs with the gangs set at their most aggresive setting to till regularly plowed firebreaks(deep sandy soil). that's tough work on a tractor because the disk not only burries itself to the axles(makes for some hard pulling), it's tough getting traction in sand. not to mention the bush hogging i do in some fields with grass/weeds that would make some folks cringe. then theres the summer work i do by cutting strips of sun flowers for dove hunters in my area. that's when it's 100 degrees and you're putting your machine under full load, running it at 2400rpms all day in the heat and dust, cutting 2 rows of sunflowers at a time. i've seen many a tractors overheat 20 min into the job, but mine never has. she has her easy days as well pulling sprayers, and a haywagon during the anual halloween festival hayride my church has.

as for the price you were quoted, is that from an individual or a dealer? what kind of boxblade comes with the tractor? all in all, the price seems good seeing is how the tractor only has 20hrs on it. i'd write the check if i were you.

/ Price check on 2008 5203 FWD #3  
I paid 18,600 in 2005 for a 5203 and two wheel drive with 512 loader. I had to add the extra set of hydraulics--seems like it cost 600-800 bucks, I can't remember for sure. The box blade--I don't know what yours would cost by itself. Seems like I paid about 800 for one for my 2320. The 512 is not a quick park but the 522 is I believe. So I would say the deal is OK but not a giveaway by any means.

/ Price check on 2008 5203 FWD #4  

Any Opinions?

I bought the same tractor new, but in November 2007. I paid $23,600. Of course other dealers were asking more like 26,000. It's a real good basic tractor and does everything I need to do, plowing, disking, mowing, etc. I'm not saying it's too expensive, I'm just saying what I paid. I feel that it is worth $24,000. Mine did not include a boxblade.

/ Price check on 2008 5203 FWD #5  
Im lookin at one of these yesterday. Im from canada and i got quoted 31,000 with the 522 load and 6' bucket. Has anyone else from canada got a price on these. It seems like a well built tractor and will do anything i need it to.