Dumb question on Box Blades: 2009 v. 2007

/ Dumb question on Box Blades: 2009 v. 2007 #1  

North of 60

Hi there -

Looking at buying a 60" box blade (frontier 2060) for my 2520; what is the difference between current 2009 models and previous years (ie: 2008,2007) ...there seems to be quite a difference in price and I was wondering what the main differences are...looking at the pictures they appear to be the same....am i missing something.

thx - any info is muchly appreciated.

/ Dumb question on Box Blades: 2009 v. 2007 #2  
cost of the steel it was built with?

/ Dumb question on Box Blades: 2009 v. 2007 #4  
Hi there -

Looking at buying a 60" box blade (frontier 2060) for my 2520; what is the difference between current 2009 models and previous years (ie: 2008,2007) ...there seems to be quite a difference in price and I was wondering what the main differences are...looking at the pictures they appear to be the same....am i missing something.

thx - any info is muchly appreciated.

Steel prices are a piece of it. Are you looking at the same exact model? Frontier has brought out some nice boxblades. I got a larger one for my 5525 with a welder top and some easier to adjust rippers.

D.

/ Dumb question on Box Blades: 2009 v. 2007 #5  
I bought my Frontier 2060 Box Blade this spring from my JD dealer and paid $850 for it! I had to put it together tho. I thought it was a good deal. What are they pricing yours at?

/ Dumb question on Box Blades: 2009 v. 2007 #6  
The frontier box blades are Woods attachments painted green. No doubt you can buy the Woods cheaper.

/ Dumb question on Box Blades: 2009 v. 2007 #8  
Well, that is good advice. I would love to have one of the construction grade ones wiht hydraulic rippers, etc - just too much money.

D.

/ Dumb question on Box Blades: 2009 v. 2007 #9  
its always steels fault lol.

All equipment ive bought in the last 7 years, every year theres a "steel demand or price increase", its BS.. so it goes up or down 10%... thats only $100 on a 1k item... not hundreds like these manufacturers claim.

Id like to hear more about the prices of the box blades as well. Im looking for one for my 4720 and i almost fell over when i heard what they could cost for 72-84" models :/

/ Dumb question on Box Blades: 2009 v. 2007 #10  
The frontier box blades are Woods attachments painted green. No doubt you can buy the Woods cheaper.

Seems I've heard this before, but I can't go to the Woods site and find a BB that matches my Frontier 2048. The wood has 1/4" end plates as opposed to 3/8" and the construction looks different, at least according to the pictures on their respective sites.

Woods Equipment Company - 48'', 60'', 65'' & 72'' Standard-Duty Box Scrapers - GB Series

John Deere Ag - New Equipment Features for BB20 Series Box Blades

Oddly the Woods version claims to weigh more even though it appears to be built lighter. May be Woods builds it, but to JD's specs.