Air Ride VS Standard Seat in 3720 Cab

/ Air Ride VS Standard Seat in 3720 Cab #1  

Opus101

I will be purchasing a 3720 Cab model soon and am trying to get any feedback on the Value of the air ride seat vs the standard seat supplied with the Cab. The Local Dealer is steering me away from the added expense as he thinks the 3720 Cab Standard seat is already a vast improvement over the Seat on my Current tractor (Cub Cadet 8454 AKA Kioti in Cub colors :) ) I appreciate the Dealer trying to help keep the cost down but would like to get any feedback from members who have used both. Thanks

/ Air Ride VS Standard Seat in 3720 Cab #2  
I will be purchasing a 3720 Cab model soon and am trying to get any feedback on the Value of the air ride seat vs the standard seat supplied with the Cab. The Local Dealer is steering me away from the added expense as he thinks the 3720 Cab Standard seat is already a vast improvement over the Seat on my Current tractor (Cub Cadet 8454 AKA Kioti in Cub colors :) ) I appreciate the Dealer trying to help keep the cost down but would like to get any feedback from members who have used both. Thanks

It really depends on what you do with your tractor. I have it in our 4520 cab but not in the 5525 cab. If you are going thru rough pastures, etc - the air ride is a HUGE improvement.

D.

/ Air Ride VS Standard Seat in 3720 Cab #3  
I have the suspension seat on my 3720. It works very nice and I am use to them on larger ag tractors. However, if you only plan on limited use (less than 100 hours/year), then it may not be a huge benefit. It is another creature comfort but not critical IMHO.

/ Air Ride VS Standard Seat in 3720 Cab #4  
If I am not mistaken air seats have position control so they don't need weight adjustment. If I adjust the seat on my tractor for my wife weight I will bottom it just by sitting on it. If I adjust it to my weight she will not close the seat switch.

/ Air Ride VS Standard Seat in 3720 Cab #5  
Seems like the cost difference over the life of the loan and machine would be pennies a day...

You will NEVER regret having a better seat, and there is a good chance you would regret NOT having it.

/ Air Ride VS Standard Seat in 3720 Cab #6  
I like the air ride seat due because I can raise and lower my view of what I am doing with the button. I had an open station with the normal seat, and the air ride is 200% better than that.

There is no doubt it is worth it. Don't forget to order a horn also.

/ Air Ride VS Standard Seat in 3720 Cab
Thanks for the feedback, The tractor will be primarily used for mowing/brushhog 30-40 acres on a tree farm and finish mowing ~5acres. ground is turned prior to first planting so it can be a bit rough. If I factor out the cost then my only other issue was the mid mount PTO that must come with the air ride seat option. I was concerned that since I doubt I will opt for a mid mount finish mower any time soon this was just something to break or get brush hung up in????

/ Air Ride VS Standard Seat in 3720 Cab #8  
Just another point of view but I would put the money in another implement needed to get a smoother field. Once you get the bumps smoothed out either seat is good enough.

Steve

/ Air Ride VS Standard Seat in 3720 Cab #9  
I have the Air Ride Seat on my 3720 Cab tractor.... I'll never go without it again... that's for sure... it is night and day as far as comfort goes.. and what I like it really "Raises" you up nice and high, if that is what you desire.... all with just a push of a button... I'm short, I like being up high... I can see well over the nose of the Grill, and down to both sides of my rear tires.. that is a huge plus as far as I'm concerned...

Also when going through fields etc... remember the tractor has no shocks, and neither do the implements.. so this really smooths things out for you... much more enjoyable.. look at what you are spending already for comfort... now spend a little more and do it up right, don't cheap out on the seat... Take it from me... Huge difference...

/ Air Ride VS Standard Seat in 3720 Cab #10  
The height part is a big deal in my book. My wife and I both use the 4520. Push a button and I can change the height, etc. - pretty slick.

Also, another consideration on these smaller tractors is the wheel base is pretty short and they have zero suspension. The difference between our 4520 and the 5525 in the same pasture is HUGE.

One thing about it - you use the seat every time you use the tractor.

D.