Price Check 2007 JD 3720 Price Check

/ 2007 JD 3720 Price Check #1  

redstatedog

I would welcome and appreciate input on the value of the following tractor:
2007 JD 3720 with 400 hours, loaded
Cab with all available accessories
New, once used 60" 7 iron Mid Mount Mower Deck
Removeable front end loader with bucket

Dealer acquired this unit in connection with a trade-in and purchase of larger model and is asking $29,900.

I currrently own a 1999 20 HP 4100 which has been an excellent machine. However, I am looking to upgrade to more HP, lifting and carrying capacity.

Thoughts on a fair price for this 3720 I could feel good about?

/ 2007 JD 3720 Price Check #2  
That is probably a bit on the higher side, but if it has all of those options with the mower deck and FEL, it maybe reasonable. Lots of options for those tractors such as 3 rear outlets, side mirrors, rear lights, HST, cruise control, mid pto, 3rd function hydraulic line on FEL, vertical exhaust, radio, horn, extended 3 pt lift arms, rear wiper, tool box, larger tires, deluxe grill guard, air ride seat, block heater and skid steer carrier attachment would include most of them. Does it have all of these?

I paid about $32K for my 2007 3720 which had all of the above but without larger R4 tires, rear wiper and deluxe grill guard. I do not have the mower. However, the price of these tractors have gone up since 2007. I think the 60" deck is small for tractor of that size and will just cover the width of the tires if it has R4s. Mine are set narrow at 59". Those tractors can easily manage a 72" deck.

/ 2007 JD 3720 Price Check
Radman,
Thanks for your helpful information. I have been away and unable to respond to your questions. Please find below the particulars you asked about:

Additional Eq: 3 rd and 4 the SCV, Power Beyond (for backhoe), Radio, additional front and rear lights and mirrors, air ride seat, mid PTO, Skid Steer att. And Skid Steer bucket.

ENGINE:
Yanmar Liquid Cooled
Diesel Engine
Interim Tier IV EPA Emmissions
Certified
Engine HP 43.2 (31.8 kW)**
PTO HP 35.0 (26.1 kW)
Rated Speed 2600 RPM
**Manufacturer's Estimate of
Power (ISO) per 97/68 EC
TRANSMISSION:
4-Wheel Drive
eHydro Transmission (3720)
Differential Lock
HYDRAULICS:
Dual Mid Selective Control
Valve with Joystick Control
Lever, Float, Regenerative
Function, and SCV and
Regenerative Lockout
PTO:
Independent 540 RPM Rear PTO
Electronically Engaged with
Mechanical Mid-Both-Rear Selector
ELECTRICAL:
12-Volt Electrical System
40 Amp Alternator
Key Ignition Starter with
Accessory and Pre-Heat
Position
Maintenance Free Battery with
500 Cold Cranking Amps
OPERATOR PROTECTIVE
STRUCTURE:
Deluxe Adjustable Vinyl Seat
with Retractable Seat Belt
Folding ROPS (Roll-Over
Protective Structure)
Meets SAE J2194 and OSHA
1928 ROPS Certification
Standards
Isolated Foot Rest
ComfortGard Cab (Optional):
12 Volt Auxilary Power Outlet
Air Conditioning and Heater
Cell Phone Holder
Deluxe Fabric Covered Seat with
Retractable Seat Belt
Armrests
Dual Forward Work Lights
Exclusive Raised Header Bar
Front Windshield Wiper/Washer
Fully Isolated Cab
High Impact Polymer Fenders with
Integrated Tail Lights
Internal Radio Antenna (Roof)
Molded Rubber Floormat
Operator Manual Holder
Rearview Mirror (Inside)
Right Hand and Left Hand Console
Storage
Right Hand Control Center
Sealed Quiet Cabin
Sun Visor
Swing-Out Rear Window
Tilt Steering
Two Front/Two Rear Roof Mounted
Warning Lights
Operator Presence with
Safety Interlock System
BASE MACHINE (4WD):
11.2-24 6PR (R4) Rear Tires
7-14 6PR (R4) Front Tires

/ 2007 JD 3720 Price Check #4  
That tractor is equiped similar to my cabbed 3720 with 300CX FEL but I don't have the mid mount mower but I do have a few other options yours does not. I am considering trading mine in for a 4000 series. Mine has 365 hours and is a 2006 and looks like new. I haven't got all the bids yet. However, one bid gave me a trade-in value of $17,000 which, IMO is pathetic.

I still think $29,900 is too high even with the mower. I also think the mower is too small. I would think 27-28K would be more in line. I use an 84" rear finish mower and have plenty of power.

/ 2007 JD 3720 Price Check #5  
Radman, I may be in the market for something like yours if I sell my 4400. What part of the midwest are you in. I am in North Dakota

/ 2007 JD 3720 Price Check #6  
Just a little south in a place called Nebraska. Got another quote today from different dealer with trade in value of $21K with me keeping my bucket, side mirrors and skid steer attachment. I haven't tried any serious bargaining yet. Still waiting on 1 more quote.

/ 2007 JD 3720 Price Check #7  
It appears that Radman and Redstatedog should have a meeting of the minds.

Steve

/ 2007 JD 3720 Price Check #8  
Re: 2007 JD 3720 Price Check

----------------------------------------------------------------------
It appears that Radman and Redstatedog should have a meeting of the minds.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I do agree with that.

In January of 2008, I picked up an '06 JD3520 with 240 hours, factory cab, 300CX loader, turf tires $21,900 after searching JD machine-finder and tractor-house.com for about 2 years. Most that I saw for sale were $25k and up; the MMM would add at least $2k. I have also read many posts that think 60" MMM is too small. I personally am very satisfied with MX5 for my mowing. RFM would be nice, too.

/ 2007 JD 3720 Price Check
Radman1,

I agree. The 72" mower deck is more appropriate for this tractor and I think the dealer is asking considerably more than I would be prepared to spend especially given its present 60" deck configuration.

If the JD dealers are not willing to offer you a sufficient amount for you to trade up, contact me privately at david@dagpc.com and if I haven't made a move on another piece of equipment, maybe we can come to a "meeting of the minds" as it was suggested.