I'm smitten! (shh... it's not a Deere)

/ I'm smitten! (shh... it's not a Deere) #1  

bxowner

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 5055e
New Holland | Boomer | Tractors | New Tractor - 8N, 50 Horsepower

Droving back to the office, I saw this sitting out front of the local Kubota/New Holland dealer. Very cool, indeed. Goes to show I'm not the only one that thinks there's a market for brand new products that combine old-style with current technology. I really hope this thing takes off for New Holland's sake. Now, if only we could return to the hey-day of American pickups! And I'm not talking the 80s, either.

Sorry to post this on the Deere site, but as a Deere owner, I thought others might like to see it.

/ I'm smitten! (shh... it's not a Deere) #2  
I remember reading about the new "classic" 8N's on New Holland's website. They're nice looking, and it sure takes you back in time.

/ I'm smitten! (shh... it's not a Deere) #3  
Yea, they did a good job on the retro styling. That's me with JD garden tractors. I think the 1977-1982 tractors were the best JD ever made. I would like to see them go back to that style. I would buy one.

/ I'm smitten! (shh... it's not a Deere) #4  
The new boomers are pretty sweet. I checked one out at the fair last weekend.

/ I'm smitten! (shh... it's not a Deere) #5  
That ranks up there with the new Camaro. Be nice to have one of each.:D

/ I'm smitten! (shh... it's not a Deere) #6  
I wonder if it will still catch on in todays world???????? Heard a lot of folks saying check out the new 8n but have yet to see anyone buying it.

/ I'm smitten! (shh... it's not a Deere) #7  
I just love the new 8N. It is the best looking tractor I have seen. In some ways I think that will be its achilles heel. It is so nice you don't want to get it dirty. You can even get chrome accessories. When I first saw it I thought to myself that I am looking at a trailer queen. :eek:

/ I'm smitten! (shh... it's not a Deere) #8  
I am a loyal Kubota owner, but if JD came out with a 25-20hp compact styled like a 3020, look out!!

Will

/ I'm smitten! (shh... it's not a Deere) #9  
I love the old 8Ns. I always wanted to pick one up to restore and play with, but the wife says I have enough toys!

I will have to see if the local NH dealer has one of these new ones to look at. Great idea!

/ I'm smitten! (shh... it's not a Deere) #10  
There are 2 other threads on this.
One a real long one.

How'ed ya miss em?
New Holland | Boomer | Tractors | New Tractor - 8N, 50 Horsepower

Droving back to the office, I saw this sitting out front of the local Kubota/New Holland dealer. Very cool, indeed. Goes to show I'm not the only one that thinks there's a market for brand new products that combine old-style with current technology. I really hope this thing takes off for New Holland's sake. Now, if only we could return to the hey-day of American pickups! And I'm not talking the 80s, either.

Sorry to post this on the Deere site, but as a Deere owner, I thought others might like to see it.