Value of 130 More Hours on a Used Tractor

/ Value of 130 More Hours on a Used Tractor #1  

rwinter

Tractor
JD 4720
I bought a 2006 4720 tractor with loader and backhoe for $26500. It was advertised as having 200 hours and was being sold by a legitimate Deere dealer. Then, when delivered, it arrived with 331 hours. I was told over the phone, when I first made contact, that it had 200 hours.

What is a fair settlement with the dealer? I do not want to be a jerk about things, but I also want to be fair to myself.

Opinions greatly appreciated

/ Value of 130 More Hours on a Used Tractor #2  
I bought a 2006 4720 tractor with loader and backhoe for $26500. It was advertised as having 200 hours and was being sold by a legitimate Deere dealer. Then, when delivered, it arrived with 331 hours. I was told over the phone, when I first made contact, that it had 200 hours.

What is a fair settlement with the dealer? I do not want to be a jerk about things, but I also want to be fair to myself.

How did It get from 200 hours when you looked at it to 331?
Did they drive it all the way there ?
smile.gif

/ Value of 130 More Hours on a Used Tractor #3  
IMO, that is not many hours for a machine that will last thousands of hours.
Maybe the next service done free by the dealer?

/ Value of 130 More Hours on a Used Tractor #4  

Excellent suggestion. That 400 hr. service is right around the corner.

/ Value of 130 More Hours on a Used Tractor #5  

I don't know a dollar figure, but I would not let it slide.

/ Value of 130 More Hours on a Used Tractor #6  

I am not sure how much that costs but I think it may be worth more than that.

I would say between $15/hr and $25/hr.

/ Value of 130 More Hours on a Used Tractor
I did not see it before hand. I bought it sight unseen based on a phone discussion with a Deere dealer and the low hours on the tractor. Getting service done is not an option since the dealer is 8 hours away.

/ Value of 130 More Hours on a Used Tractor #8  
I did not see it before hand. I bought it sight unseen based on a phone discussion with a Deere dealer and the low hours on the tractor. Getting service done is not an option since the dealer is 8 hours away.

Then go for fluids and filters for a couple of major services.

/ Value of 130 More Hours on a Used Tractor #9  
Read fine print if any on any paperwork signed at delivery.It can happen to anyone but should of noticed Xtra hours right upon arrival and called dealer if they were still open.GET ON THIS ISSUE W-DEALER ASAP! I AGREE W-DUFFSTER I believe JD dealer should PRO RATE those xtra hours and send you back check for $1200-$1400, or maybe send you an attachment (implement) you will be needing next time D-truck in your area. Make copy of add. if bought online if hrs. were on there as back up proof. Hope it works out 4-YOU.

/ Value of 130 More Hours on a Used Tractor #10  
There is no way the hour difference is worth "$1200-1400" or even "several major services"...according to the real time guides you should allow $1.40 per hour on a value calculation. If the dealer agrees it was their fault and are willing to work with you I would ask for a full set of filters and be happy!