Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 3520 powerreverser

Default Re: What would you change about your current John Deere tractor?

Sorry Jenkinsph, the sail boat is absolutely not for sale, pedals or no pedals. I've had her for 30 years now and intend to keep her going as long as I can. Too many memories of cruising around Europe with her...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -hpim1391-r-olution-de-l   -imgp7121-r-olution-de-l   -imgp7122-r-olution-de-l   -imgp7135-r-olution-de-l   -imgp2243-r-olution-de-l  

-imgp7170-r-olution-de-l  

Tractor
    JD 3520 powerreverser

Quote : John Deere is proud to announce a new transmission option for the and Compact Utility Tractors. With controls resembling those of an automobile, AutoHST makes getting work done as easy as taking a drive in the country.

AutoHST is designed to resemble an automotive-type control system. When the operator sits in the seat, he or she will feel right at home; the controls resemble those of a car.

Automotive-like features:
    Lever on the left for Drive-Neutral-Reverse to engage the transmission
    Single "go pedal" on the right to go forward or backward
    Single brake on the right, like the brake in a car
    Beyond this simple layout, AutoHST has all of the features that eHydro provides such as MotionMatch and LoadMatch.

Looks like Deere understands customers want the controls to be compatible with their car driving habits !

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

I don't think that AutoHST thing ever really took off, I have never seen one or even heard of anyone here on TBN having it. It's been out at least a year now?
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75

Quote Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
    I don't think that AutoHST thing ever really took off, I have never seen one or even heard of anyone here on TBN having it. It's been out at least a year now?
    I sat on one at the dealership. I didn't get a chance to drive it. It reminded me a lot of a PR. I think the intent was good, but I don't think it is going to make it.

D.
    ----------------------------------
    Darin Divinia
    DDR Longhorns
    Registered Texas Longhorns
    http://www.ddrlonghorns.com/
    Follow us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/DDRLonghorns?ref=ts
    ----------------------------------

Guess I'd want to change mine into a brand new one!
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

I don't think it did either. Personally I think it was a step backwards from the hydro transmission that is currently offered by Deere. With the AutoHST you get one pedal and had to shift between F-N-R every time you wanted to change direction, and then push that one pedal and it would go. That setup would be much more time consuming than the current setup of just moving your foot to either individual pedal that will take you in the direction that you want to go.
    2006 JD 3320 PowrReverser w/ 300cx Loader, 61" HD Bucket w/ Toothbar, Horst Fixed Forks, IMatch, Ballast Box, Filled R4's, Vertical Exhaust, Warning Light Brush Guards, Auxiliary Forward Lighting Kit, Rear Work Light, 68" Ratchet Rake, & a Woods PRD7200 Finish Mower
    2004 JD Gator 6x4
    67' Gravely L8
    69' Gravely 432
    75' Gravely 810
    77' Gravely Professional 5460
    81' Gravely 8173-KT
    99' Gravely 20-G
    06' Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 5.9 Cummins

Veteran Member

The whole idea just seems counter intuitive to me. A normal hydro would be more efficient and easier to use. With the AutoHST you might as well just save the money and get the PR transmission since you'll be flipping the lever anyway.

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

I am having trouble deciding on a cab 4x20 tractor due to only offering a Ehydro trans. If they would offer the HST Plus in the cab I might consider it, but I REALLY want a 4720 cab with a reverser tranny...
    John

John Deere 3320 - 72D Auto Connect deck

Acts 2:38

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

When you operate a new 4520 or 4720 cab with upgraded cruise and load match functions for a time you will understand why they are so popular. You simply have much easier control of forward and backwards movement. Cruise control is variable by 1/10th of 1 mph so you can set 1.4 or 1.5 or 7.9 ect. Creep forward or backwards or push the pedal down and take off to full speed in a given range. E Hydro's are a dream to use in close quarters, much better than a reverser will ever be.

Now if you are going to drive forward plowing all day and occasionally use a loader I think a power reverser would be more efficient and would work well. Even the old Syncrorange transmission was fine for larger field work on my old 4020, but most members here using small tractors 4xxx and below use them for a multitude of tasks and having had all of these transmissions I can understand why Deere offers the E Hydro with the smaller cab tractors. It is adaptable to a wide range of tasks and easy to use.

I think a 4720 with E Hydro would be a very good choice for a small versatile tractor.

Steve

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

soulasphil,
    Very nice pictures of your boat, I am sure you have enjoyed it over the years. Thanks for sharing them.

I'm planning on taking my small Boston Whaler to a local lake tomorrow evening before the crowds arrive this weekend.

Steve

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast