What would you change about your current John Deere tractor?

/ What would you change about your current John Deere tractor? #1  

ddivinia

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75
What would I change about my 5525 Cab? Make it easier to clean the cooling stack. Man - blowing out the radiator is a must when haying, etc. It is not easy to clean it out. The larger 6000s and the new 5M have fold out or pull out radiators, etc for easier cleaning.

D.

/ What would you change about your current John Deere tractor? #2  
JD 2520 here -

I'd give it either a three-speed transmission, or lower the gearing on the two-speed that's in it now. Also, needs the updated draft arms that clear the rear tires better, like what they're putting on the newer models.

A better seat, air-suspension or some such thing.

Built-in tool box somewhere on the tractor.

More/better ways to add ballast weight.

Options for top-n-tilt and for more hydraulic outlets on front or back.

Bigger cup holder.

/ What would you change about your current John Deere tractor?
JD 2520 here -

I'd give it either a three-speed transmission, or lower the gearing on the two-speed that's in it now. Also, needs the updated draft arms that clear the rear tires better, like what they're putting on the newer models.

A better seat, air-suspension or some such thing.

Built-in tool box somewhere on the tractor.

More/better ways to add ballast weight.

Options for top-n-tilt and for more hydraulic outlets on front or back.

Bigger cup holder.

Good ideas - would you buy a bigger machine?

I am perplexed. 5M 6xxx series.

I am thinking of making it easier to pull the coolers apart so I can clean them.

D.

/ What would you change about your current John Deere tractor? #4  
What would I change about my 5525 Cab? Make it easier to clean the cooling stack. Man - blowing out the radiator is a must when haying, etc. It is not easy to clean it out. The larger 6000s and the new 5M have fold out or pull out radiators, etc for easier cleaning.

D.

Make it fully self greasing.

/ What would you change about your current John Deere tractor? #5  
I like the self greasing idea!

When I bought my rig in 2001, Deere offered a factory cab for the European market; but not in the USA. I wish that option were available back then because I would have gotten it.

Probably would have gotten R1's instead of the R4's.

I would have gotten a 4300 or 4400 instead; though I'm pleased with the performance of my rig.

/ What would you change about your current John Deere tractor? #6  
I would say the main one for my 2520 would be the cab they offer in the UK.
Other than that i'm pretty happy with the machine

/ What would you change about your current John Deere tractor? #7  
"Good ideas - would you buy a bigger machine?"

Even though I know some of the issues I mention would be solved by a bigger machine, the 2520 is the perfect size for my property and uses. Even the horsepower and hydraulic abilities seem fine for me, although a few more ponies (i.e., 2720) wouldn't hurt.

I would just like to tweak the 2520 a little to make it "perfect".

/ What would you change about your current John Deere tractor? #8  
Like my car...... Can I get a heated and cooled seat?? Heated and cooled cup holder? :D

/ What would you change about your current John Deere tractor? #9  
On my 3520 Cab i'd like more factory remotes available out back (NOT "Fake Remotes" aka Diverter Valve Setup).
I've got the one remote JD offers, but in a perfect world, I'd like 3 real/true remotes total out back.

If i had an open station it wouldnt be such an issue...alot of nice PB/Remote setups have been fabbed up here on TBN, but on a cab machine its just not as easy to make em "elegant"....Routing hoses and a valve bank into the cab is pretty much OUT of the question...

/ What would you change about your current John Deere tractor? #10  
On my 3720 I went to R1's from R4's due to poor stability on hills. I would like to have R4's that can be dished out like the R1's. Or, I at least need a tire that is the same circumference as the front R1's so I can put something less agressive for the summertime on an extra set of wheels.

As for the best option I purchased. It would be the air ride seat.