5525 HELP!

/ 5525 HELP! #1  

maddog_madden1975

Im buying a 2008 5525. I have two different tractors to choose from at two different dealers. Both are cab units with the same price tag. Heres the differences:

Tractor A
24/24 Power reverser
EH 540/540E PTO
2 Mid and Rear Remotes
542 Loader NSL
42 hours
EH Three Point

Tractor B
12/12 Power Reverser
540/540E PTO
EH Three Point
2 Mid and 3 Rear Remotes
563 SL Loader
46 hours
EH Three Point

Whats the best bang for the buck? Basically the onle difference i see is one has the 24/24 with a 542 nsl and one has a 12/12 with a 563 sl loader. Is the 24/24 worthe the smaller loader? Or do go with the 12/12 and get a much better sl loader? Please help!

/ 5525 HELP! #2  
If the loader in tractor "B" is significantly better then go with it. The 5525 has enough power that you should be able to vary the engine rpm a tad to get the groundspeed you need.

Whether to go with a nsl or sl loader is debateable too, lots of guys here do not like mechanical self leveling loaders. Most of the large commercial loader I have used are mechanical though, I have never had a problem with them.

Good luck with your search.

Steve

/ 5525 HELP!
Ya thats what i was thinking, plus tractor b has a 3rd rear scv. But thats one of those things i would ever need, unless i didnt have it of course.

/ 5525 HELP! #4  
-Some people dislike the SL (self leveling) loaders because of the reduced rollback angle...

Depending on what your doing with the machine the 24/24 tranny may be better suited over the 12/12...

/ 5525 HELP!
Im mainly just going to be mowing and loader work. I like the idea of having more gears, but i also like the lifting capacity of the 563 over the 542. I dont really care so much aboutt he SL so much, although it would be nice.

/ 5525 HELP! #6  
Ya thats what i was thinking, plus tractor b has a 3rd rear scv. But thats one of those things i would ever need, unless i didnt have it of course.

When I am using my boxblade it takes three remotes, top and tilt (2) and hydraulic scarifier teeth (1). mY 4520 and 110 both have three rear outlets.

If you use forks very much self leveling is much better.

Steve

/ 5525 HELP! #7  
Im buying a 2008 5525. I have two different tractors to choose from at two different dealers. Both are cab units with the same price tag. Heres the differences:

Tractor A
24/24 Power reverser
EH 540/540E PTO
2 Mid and Rear Remotes
542 Loader NSL
42 hours
EH Three Point

Tractor B
12/12 Power Reverser
540/540E PTO
EH Three Point
2 Mid and 3 Rear Remotes
563 SL Loader
46 hours
EH Three Point

Whats the best bang for the buck? Basically the onle difference i see is one has the 24/24 with a 542 nsl and one has a 12/12 with a 563 sl loader. Is the 24/24 worthe the smaller loader? Or do go with the 12/12 and get a much better sl loader? Please help!

Man, that is a tough call. I have a 5525 cab now. I have the 542 SL and I could not buy a SL again. I have the 12/12 and it works great. Very rarely do I wish for another gear in there.

THe 3 rear remotes is nice because they will be the deluxe version. The dual won't be configurable - which can suck.

EH hitch rocks.

I would go with B.

Are the MFWD?

D.

/ 5525 HELP!
Yes they are MFWD. I am torn between the two and am leaning towards tractor b. All i would gain with tractor A is 24/24. With Tractor B i will have the 3rd scv and a better loader. I think i will be just fine with the 12/12 for what im going to be doing. Like i said both have the 540E pto and the EH three point. On the bright, its a win win situation cause i will have a JD!!! :)

/ 5525 HELP! #9  
Yes they are MFWD. I am torn between the two and am leaning towards tractor b. All i would gain with tractor A is 24/24. With Tractor B i will have the 3rd scv and a better loader. I think i will be just fine with the 12/12 for what im going to be doing. Like i said both have the 540E pto and the EH three point. On the bright, its a win win situation cause i will have a JD!!! :)

You will have a lever for the PTO with tractor B instead of a button on tractor A. I think that is a plus. I am not 100% sold on this electronic PTO engagement. I guess if you do it properly you can feather it in, etc.

What kind of tires?

What kind of money?

D.

/ 5525 HELP!
R1 tires and im trading in a 2007 4120 ehydro, 400x loader, cruise, load match and speed match, 350 hours for a $31g difference. Does that sound like a reasonable difference? Of course they swear thats the best they can do. This is after a week of talking and starting at a $35g difference