Has anyone taken delivery of a 4010?

/ Has anyone taken delivery of a 4010? #1  

bigpete

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4110 HST w/410 Loader and 60
After a fairly exhaustive search, I can't seem to find any posts from a TBN'er that has actually taken delivery on a 4010. Several have gone so far as to make a deposit on order and then move up to the 4110 or another brand when the production time factor rears its head.

I have five JD dealers all within a sixty-minute drive and three have had orders turn into bigger tractors. I'd just like to find one owner and chat for a few posts about the ups and downs--if there is such an owner.

In search of the elusive Green crested, shiny, small-framed CUT

/ Has anyone taken delivery of a 4010? #2  
tm2.gif

4010_78647_p.jpg

Hi Pete,

What are the major differences between the 4010 and 4110...?

How about price difference?

/ Has anyone taken delivery of a 4010?
Hey, John,

The quote I have on a 4010, 60" MMM, and FEL is about $2,100 {+/-} less than a similarly equiped 4110. PTO hp on the 4010 is 14 versus 17 on the 4110. Both use the same loader and have similar weight specs and lift capacities, but the hyd implement flow rate is 1.7 gpm less on the 4010. My sense, and the replies of a few others (Hazmat) is that the 4010 will do the same tasks as the 4110, just a little slower. I know that this principle works even between large GT's and small CUTS. I'm living that principle right now /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif.

I'm not in a big hurry and I'm looking at the 4010 as a close match with the BX2200 with a slight drop in PTO hp and a big advantage in tread, weight, 3PH dimensions, etc.

When I consider the 4110 and it's competitve matches, it opens up quite a few more possibilities including the Massey 1423 you posted about in another thread, and the Boomers also come into play.

I'm probably going to be your typical schizophrenic CUT shopper until I settle on a new (additional) investment property later this summer, or early fall. right now I'm looking at a MMM/loader for standard to light duty and anticipate needing to power a 4' brush cutter down the road.

Just watch...I'll be comparing the 4115 and 4210 in a couple of months.

Regards,

/ Has anyone taken delivery of a 4010? #4  
Pete,

I had taken a quick look at Deere's site and only saw about a $600. difference... but I didn't take time to study it... I thought I'd leave that up to you... /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif

I ran up to the True Value hardware store yesterday and saw a neat little Cub Cadet with hydro... I believe a 7425 (don't hold me to it) about $11,200 and another $2300. for a loader... so I'm seeing the pricing actually decrease the last few years... and becoming extremely competitive in our area at least (Upstate New York)

You know how it works... "Honey... it's only a couple hundred more..."... then the next model is another few hundred more... and pretty soon you're 10 models up... and many thousands of dollars higher from where you started.../w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

JM3,
Could be that you glanced at the MSRP for the collar shift 4110 versus the HST (standard) of the 4010. I'll get the HST in whatever I end up with. Here are the quote numbers without the FEL:

4010 HST (standard)
Tractor: $9,690
Turfs: $95
Fold ROPS: $125
DSCV: $575
60" MMM $2,300
TOTAL: $12,785

4110 HST
Tractor $12,025
Turfs $135
Fold ROPS $125
DSCV $575
60" MMM $2,300
Total $15,160

Another patient and diplomatic round or two of negotiations may close the gap a bit. My savvy side keeps telling me that a great price on something that cannot be delivered is just that--a great price. My pragmatic side keeps me focused on one or two model comparisons at a time. My married side tells me to price out tractors a step or two above what I need so my soulmate thinks I'm practical, as well as lovable, when I step down to what I really need. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

I will begin comparing the multi-colored manufacturers in earnest as soon as I'm a bit more convinced of the tractor size and capabilties I'm going to need. I guess I'm just trying to "get smart" about the 4010 right now so I can either focus or rule it out just like the old Doc' might do if buying a tractor was a disease.

I'd appreciate any insight you stumble across.

/ Has anyone taken delivery of a 4010? #6  
Looking at the specs the 4010 3point hitch lift capacity is 860lbs, total pump flow 5.7gpm and the 4110 & 4115 is 1150lbs with 7.4gpm. The lower gpm on the 4010 would move the attachments a little slower but the lower hitch lift capacity could indicate a lower hydraulic pressure setting? John in Delaware.

John,

Yes, that's another distinction. The working pressure of the 4010 is 1,994 PSI versus 2,420 PSI for the 4110 and 4115. maybe the pricing on the 4110 will get a little better and close the gap so I can justify the extra $$$

How many hours do you have on your 4110? Any rants or raves about the new model? And just out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, which delaer did you go with and how much did your baby cost?

Enjoy the great weather this weekend.

/ Has anyone taken delivery of a 4010? #8  
I got the tractor 3 weeks ago from a Dealer in Clayton and paid $16,200 4110 hydro ,410 loader ,60" mm and industrial tires. I did get a little better price at another dealer but paid the extra because service is good and it was close "so close I drove the tractor home after they put it together, :) " So far I put 24 hours on it, moved 30 yards of top soil , 28 yards of stone, some grading and mowing. Issues:The loader did break down on me twice because of the male quick connect retaining ring came apart inside the fitting, the newer fitting has a srew in retainer so after the 2nd time it failed I had all of them replaced with the newer style fitting and has been fine since. The other problem I had was with the bucket size, the dealer first gave me a 61" bucket and after using it for a week I took it back and got a 53" and love it. The problem with the 61" bucket is you could not fill it all the way and if you did it would not lift it , you kind of had to play around with it , the 53" bucket its in and out of the pile without missing a beat. Other than that the Tractor runs great! and I'm happy with it , I just have to remember to disingage the 4 wheel drive when I mow..... John

/ Has anyone taken delivery of a 4010? #9  
I was told today that my 4010 would be in this week, we will see. It was suppose to have been in on the 28th of June.

Good luck, Rus91. After you take delivery, post a few comments for us guys in limbo. That is, if you can drag yourself out of the seat after waiting so long.