JD 4100 with LDR and tiller and rake and etc.

/ JD 4100 with LDR and tiller and rake and etc. #1  

204saskman

Gold Member
Tractor
Montana 2844R Hst
So i found alittle 4100 the other day. Its in good shape(7 OUT OF 10) WITH 465HRS. Now im just wondering what its worth? It has the factory loader(53" quick detach) and a quick hitch(3 Point) with a JD 467 tiller. Now its a hydro MFWD and like i said in average shape. It also has a weight box, 6' landscape rake. It also has calcium in the rear tires too. Now i have some concerns about it. The top link mount for the 3 point hitch has been broke and brazed back togther(my guess is bouncing to much). It also has a ripped boot on the FWD drive shaft under neith. I also felt the front wheel bearings have some play in them. Now i also noticed that the front tires are worn a bit more than the rears,which leads me to belive that he had alot of weight on the front and that he was on pavement alot. I was also thinking that he was using the tractor for more than it could handle cause of the weight box and calcium in the tires. Now its an older man that owns it in town and he said he used it for general landscaping and cutting grass. Now i currently own a Yanmar 155D and was lookin to upgrade to this. He is asking 15,900 Canadian but said he would take 15,000.

Now i have called 3 JD dealers and they have all told me book value on the tractor with loader is 7,000 canadian.
Used tiller 1500.
Rake 750.
Weight box 250.
quick hitch 500.

Now this is equal to around 10,000. Now that seems more about right but the guy is kinda set at his price. Now what should a guy do, offer him 10k or just keep lookin. I would like something newer and with hydro so my Girl friend can use it and such. Any suggestions would be nice.

Thanks

Kiel

/ JD 4100 with LDR and tiller and rake and etc. #2  
That price sounds high to me...

I would expect about 12k here in US, especially since it needs some work.

/ JD 4100 with LDR and tiller and rake and etc. #3  
Just one opinion. He either needs to sell it or he doesn't. Find out - based on what the dealers told you, offer $9,000c. If he agrees to bargain from there then you might make a good deal. If he doesn't really need to sell it you never will, just move on. Be very careful you both know exactly what's included in your offer.

/ JD 4100 with LDR and tiller and rake and etc. #4  
Is the dealers book value, the trade in value? If it is, then you will expect to pay more than trade in value. The quick hitch value of 500 is way off. They cost about $300 new US.
I looked at a JD 4110 with 60" mower, 225 hours a couple of weeks ago. Guy was asking $8000 US. That was a good price but it was a little larger than I needed. He had it for sale in craigslist for over 1 month. After I looked at it and declined to buy it, he said his wife listed it originally for too little and he was going to relist it. He relisted it on craigslist for $8900 like he said. I thought to myself, if you had it listed for 1 month and was going to sell it for 8K, it didn't sell, and now relist it for sale at $8900?

/ JD 4100 with LDR and tiller and rake and etc.
Hey guys thanks for the replys. Well im not sure if he needs to sell it, He is about 60 and moved into the city and such but used it for landscaping and such. I kin of think he doesnt need to sell it. As for the prices, im in canada. So 500 for the quick hitch isnt to far off. I looked at a spearco quick hitch yesterday for 279.99 Can plus taxes. But im not sure about this tractor. I just found a 2305JD hydro with no loader and a 5' finish mower for 9800. This will more suit my needs. I really dont need a loader and if i do i guess i can buy after. As for what the dealer told me, that was fair market value for the tractor if it was to be sold privately. He said that even the dealer would be hard pressed to pay anymore than 8k for the package. Im gonna go talk to the guy in a few days and see. If he says no then im just gonna move on and keep lookin.

Thank