john deere 1949 B value

/ john deere 1949 B value #1  

Mark_in_IN

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere M 1951, John Deere LA 1941
i found on craigslist a 1949 b that has been tore down and started restoration he says it needs a fuel tank gauges and rear tires. he wants 1400 but has it on ebay for 900. i dont think its worth about 500. what is a good value? im going to look at it tonight.

1949 John Deere B

Mark

/ john deere 1949 B value #2  
You might get a quicker answer on ytmag.com. They have forums for all major brands of antique tractors.

/ john deere 1949 B value #3  
A neighbor offered me one complete that ran with wore out rear tires (2) years ago for $800. I thought that was a little high. Your $500 is right on the mark and I wouldnt go a penny more unless it is a rare early S/N or something, especially the way the economy is now. I am seeing a big decline in the actual sell prices of old tractors over the last year, although many folks still seem to be asking plenty. Farmall A's were selling at the consignment auctions this spring for about half of what they were last year.

/ john deere 1949 B value #4  
I sold my 50 B with roll-o-matic and pwr trol with a mid mount grader blade and front blade for what he is asking. This tractor ran and worked great but had a few issues such as needing tires and what not if that helps at all.