Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    john deere 5093 4x4

Default Re: 5083E Anybody have one??

My rear tires are set as wide as they can be, loaded and weights 2 per side. The fronts are loaded also, and I carry a FEL model 553. As far as buying a 6D $$$$$ was a big factor and I dont care for the size wheels on this series. They set to high for the kind of ground we have here in my area. My tire size (rear 18.4 /30) (front 12.4 / 24). These tractors are built for flat landers and are to light.Ive told John Deere how I feel about there tractors. There answer was guys from my area are doing work the machines are or were no designed to do. So I keep it and baby it thru or buy bigger which is more $$$$$ and I dont like that.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 5093E

Wow, what exactly are you doing and where?
    2012 John Deere 5093E Limited

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 5093E

It sounds like it should be able to handle a lot with that weight/setup. My dealer told me a 553 loader would not work with those tires so I had to get a 563.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    john deere 5093 4x4

Im in southwestern pa. not far from wva. state line. The ground I farm and work is steep and rough ,full of slips. I mow it all and do custom filth mowing (heavy up to 4" dia.) I ve thought about adding duals to the rear?????? still thinking.The tire size i spoke of earlier came as an option on this tractor from my dealer. This unit was on his lot all but the FEL. The dealer installed that size.(553) I took him at his word (he knew what he was doing) the FEL works fine .No problems although Ive ran alot of heavy equipment and several different farm tractors, IMO the Hydraulics as ive stated earlier are weak. I work this tractor it does the job but IMO it could be better.

My cuts are not all flat land either. We cut the sides of 2 and 4 lane roads. Some roads are so steep that we've rolled 2 tractors on their sides. Our tractors are spread out as far as they can with 6 weights on the front

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 5093E

I am also thinking about duals in the future, but I may just upgrade to a wider and better tire and see how that works out. Probably not for another couple of years until my tires wear out or I really need them.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    john deere 5093 4x4

Yes these tractor we are talking about are none to wide. I asked my dealer why so narrow, was told they moved the brakes in from outboard to inboard. The dealer said it was john deeres way of lightening the machine ??????? I guess . What ever the reason they are narrow and mine is set as wide as possible.

Just so you know they sell or did sell spacers for the rear wheels . They bolt to axle,then the wheel bolts to it. I looked into this option and voted against this. They are offered up to and includeing 4" width. Not cheap for what u are getting but it sets the wheel accordingly. I thought about having a machine shop make me a set ,but set the **** with it.This option might serve u . They are sold by john deere by the way. just my0.02cts.

John Deere made these tractors narrow to fit on small trailers. Are you running out of power on your hills or is the weight of the machine causing problems. We run into problems when there ground is soft and the mower slides it pulls the tractor with it. The best way to fix that problem is more wheels on the mower to lessen the chance of it sliding. If you are running out of power, first I would ask which year your tractor is. The 2010 models don't have the power of the 2011s. Could be because the 2011s have a fuel cooler and better intercooler. My friend who has 8 of these tractors himself had some that the injectors were giving problems that caused a low power problem. Most hydraulic problems can be solved by cleaning the strainer on the oil pickup in their transmission.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2013 john deere 5075E and others

Will the 5083E open station come with 2WD? Deeres "build your own" website is a little vague about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jdtractor View Post
    Yes these tractor we are talking about are none to wide. I asked my dealer why so narrow, was told they moved the brakes in from outboard to inboard. The dealer said it was john deeres way of lightening the machine ??????? I guess . What ever the reason they are narrow and mine is set as wide as possible.

Just so you know they sell or did sell spacers for the rear wheels . They bolt to axle,then the wheel bolts to it. I looked into this option and voted against this. They are offered up to and includeing 4" width. Not cheap for what u are getting but it sets the wheel accordingly. I thought about having a machine shop make me a set ,but set the **** with it.This option might serve u . They are sold by john deere by the way. just my0.02cts.
    I didn't think they were all that expensive and are certainly rugged enough.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast