5083E Anybody have one??

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #1  

KB9UDE

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 John Deere x758
I have been eyeing the 5083E limited cab and 12x12 Power Reverser. Anybody have one or something in that series?? What do you think??

John

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #2  
Would this be to replace the 4120 or to work with it?

/ 5083E Anybody have one??
Not sure if I would want to give up the flexibility of the 4120 in tighter places. I had my mind set on a 4720 cab but I think I can get a 5083 cab for about the same $$ or possibly a little under if I can find a 09 on a lot. I have driven a 4720 cab and I am not sure it is quite large enough for me. IE: I am 6'6" 300lbs. I like the feel of a larger cab and I am looking to possibly get into some field work requiring a 5000 series. We have a large selection of JD AG equipment on the farm but the smallest is an old 4520 diesel. I really dont want to drag that around 60 miles one direction for my future business proposition.

So to answer your question, Steve--I really dont know yet.

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #4  
Maybe I am mistaken but your 4120 is a recent aquisition is it not? The reason I went with the 110tlb and 4520 is the trailering aspect of it. Since I often have to transport the tractor and a couple of implements the combination of these combined (in footprint) can be a full load.

You may wan't to consider a 4720 with full weights and ballast too. R1 tires should put you near 6500 to 7000 lbs in a fully weighted tractor. I mention this because I would think you can reuse most of your implements this way.

I had a 4020 but not a 4520 in the past and it was alot of trouble to move around. Good tractors though, both of them. I have an 88 hp 3030LS at my disposal that is a cab tractor similar to a 2840, as well as the trucks and trailer to move it but honestly after several trips the 4x20 size equipment is just so much more convienient to use.

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #5  
I bought one last fall and have not regretted the purchase since. I was looking for something that could do a lot of tasks around the farm as well as pull some heavier implements. Initially, I was looking at a different tractor, but with the programs Deere has in place it was hard to buy used over new.

As you probably know, there is a big difference when jumping from the 5075E to the 5083 or higher. That one jump gets you a lot of the bells and whistles that come on the M series....but not all :) The M series is really a whole different beast relative to the E. I would say the 5083E series is very close to the 5425 cab.

I have about 40 hrs on mine and have been doing everything from FEL work to running a 4 bottom plow. I am able to get in some tight places, but it is a fairly large piece of equipment and I could see the advantages of having a CUT.

/ 5083E Anybody have one??
Thanks for the reply. I am still debating over the 5083E limited vs 4720 cab tractor.

John

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #7  
Thanks for the reply. I am still debating over the 5083E limited vs 4720 cab tractor.

John

Me two..! I'm now considering a 25' goose-neck trailer. If the trailer works out - might make the 5083E limited a better option.

(Although, winter work - snow clearing, cleaning the corral and barn, and spreading manure with the 4720 would sure be easier than the 5083..)

Time will tell.

AKfish

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #8  
Well, if it makes you feel any better. I am awaiting delivery of my 5083E. I currently have a 4120 and plan on keeping it. 4720 cab compared to 5083N was hands down a win for me because I can keep my "little" 4120 and get a larger tractor that can do MUCH more.

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #9  
I drove one last weekend at the Fosters Eastex Farm and Home in Liberty, Texas.

Man if I had the 40K for it I would have one tomorrow:D I like the M series a little better since they are all GREEN. The Black paint just throws me off haha

Very nice Machine

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #10  
Just bought one, still waiting on delivery tho. We are replacing a tired 2350 with it. We also looked at M's and 4000's. The 4's were too small for what we need. The M's are nicer but more than we really needed. I'm looking forward to using it as this is our first brand new machine. Good Luck!