Options for a 2520 cab

/ Options for a 2520 cab #1  

Bswope

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L3540
Hey fellas new to the site and glad to be aboard!!
I was wondering what kinda options there was as far a cab for my new 2520:D, just bought one and just kinda like to have something to keep the wind off me!
Not expecting anything special but just wanted to see what opitions there was....

/ Options for a 2520 cab
Thanks for the welcome!
I seen those, but was wondering if there were any others??
I really cant see spending the money on one but hey ya never know! LOL

/ Options for a 2520 cab #4  
Welcome to TBN:D

The most basic, inexpensive cab is the "original tractor cab", about $1300 with a few nice option like a glass windshield...do a search. The prices only go UP from there.

/ Options for a 2520 cab #5  
The original cab should be less than that. I got one from the Green Dealer on E-Bay for my 2305. Soft cab, lights, flashing warning light, 1 mirror, all for a little over $800. I didn't get the wiper and hard windshield (Maybe $150 or so each) but I haven't found the need for it yet. The basic cab can be had for $700.

Not super pretty but not bad for the price and it sure keeps the snow off of you.

/ Options for a 2520 cab #6  
I have an Original Cab on my 2320. I have the hard winshield & wiper options. It is light weight, so it does not make the tractor top heavy. I use it only in the winter. It takes less than 30 minutes to install or remove.

/ Options for a 2520 cab #7  
I have an Original Cab on my 2320. I have the hard winshield & wiper options. It is light weight, so it does not make the tractor top heavy. I use it only in the winter. It takes less than 30 minutes to install or remove.

Their website says it takes 3-4 hours to install. You say 30 minutes or so? Is that after the original installation?

I have been looking at these for my 2720 since they are fairly inexpensive. I would only use it in winter also. If I could install and remove in an hour or two I might have to get one of these.

/ Options for a 2520 cab #8  
I don't know if these outfits have a cab for your tractor; but here are some links for your viewing enjoyment.

Custom Products of Litchfield

FEMCO, Inc.

Sims Cab Depot - Tractor Cabs and Cab Enclosures

ROPS and Non-ROPS tractor cabs, canopies, and guards for all popular brands - Jodale Perry Corporation

Laurin inc | Cabs, canopies and Roll-off for trucks and tractors

ROPS Tractor Cab Manufacturing by Tektite

Any aftermarket cab will be pricey. I ordered a Curtis cab for my 4200 a few years ago and it arrived damaged. Although it was a pain returning it and getting credit back on my Visa, it was a blessing in disguise as I wasn't impressed with Curtis' quality. If possible, and that's a big IF, see if there is a cab dealer near you that you can actually see what one of these things looks like in the flesh.

/ Options for a 2520 cab #9  
Their website says it takes 3-4 hours to install. You say 30 minutes or so? Is that after the original installation?

I have been looking at these for my 2720 since they are fairly inexpensive. I would only use it in winter also. If I could install and remove in an hour or two I might have to get one of these.

Yes that is after the original installation.
I should have pointed that out.

/ Options for a 2520 cab #10  
Yes that is after the original installation.
I should have pointed that out.

Thanks for the info, that is what I figured. Do you feel the hard windshield and wiper were worth the money?

Are you happy with the fit and quality of this unit on your tractor? The Green Dealer on E-Bay has the basic unit for $650 plus options. I don't think this is too bad of a price for some basic protection.

I was wondering about putting some type of small 12V heater in it also. Do you have anything for heat in yours?