Is it still possible to buy a loader for a JD 790?

/ Is it still possible to buy a loader for a JD 790? #1  

Powder Coater

I found a 790 with 60 hrs on it in great shape but no loader. The price is right only if I could buy a good loader for 2000.00 or Less. Does this sound do able? Would an aftermarket loader be as good As the Jd models offers?

Thanks again. I love these forums.

/ Is it still possible to buy a loader for a JD 790? #2  
I found a 790 with 60 hrs on it in great shape but no loader. The price is right only if I could buy a good loader for 2000.00 or Less. Does this sound do able? Would an aftermarket loader be as good As the Jd models offers?

Your best bet in that price range would be to find a tractor junkyard and get a used loader from them. Dad recently found a loader for the Kubota L3650 that he bought, the loader cost $1000ish. IIRC, it was a Westendorf loader from a tractor that had transmission issues.

A new loader will run you at least $3k, probably closer to $4k when all is said and done.

Aftermarket can be good depending on the manufacturer, some are better than OEM, but it depends on the brand.

Aaron Z

/ Is it still possible to buy a loader for a JD 790? #3  
Yep, you can get the mounting brackets to get a 300 loader onto your 790..

WP5872_________UN05OCT04.gif

/ Is it still possible to buy a loader for a JD 790? #4  

Thanks again. I love these forums.

Unless you find used loader (they are very rare though) you will not meet that 2k limit for a FEL.

/ Is it still possible to buy a loader for a JD 790?
Thanks for the quick response. I think I better keep looking. The low hrs are tempting but I could buy a new JD for what this would end up costing.

What would be alot of hrs on a 790? Most I see are between 300-400 hrs but there are those few with 1500 to 3000. Im assuming 1500 hrs would be like 100,000 miles on a car.

/ Is it still possible to buy a loader for a JD 790? #6  
Is this machine at a dealer?
Only reason I ask is you could probably talk em down a little bit on the Tractor/Loader as a package...

Where are you located?

/ Is it still possible to buy a loader for a JD 790?
Its a private Party. Im in Salem Oregon. I would be willing to drive a few hours for a good deal. Around here the prices seem to be higher then the rest of the country. Im baseing this off the tractor and equipment trading web sites. So far my best deal would be this one.

John Deere 790 4X4 Tractor

/ Is it still possible to buy a loader for a JD 790? #8  
Its a private Party. Im in Salem Oregon. I would be willing to drive a few hours for a good deal. Around here the prices seem to be higher then the rest of the country. Im baseing this off the tractor and equipment trading web sites. So far my best deal would be this one.

John Deere 790 4X4 Tractor

Offer him 9,200 and see what happens- looks like nice tractor

/ Is it still possible to buy a loader for a JD 790? #9  
Offer him 9,200 and see what happens- looks like nice tractor

Have that $9200 cash in hand and you might make the deal...don't wait too long though. I'd guess he's had quite a few calls already.

/ Is it still possible to buy a loader for a JD 790? #10  
I am confused:confused: (very easily done BTW...) but that tractor already has a loader?