Foster's Texas

/ Foster's Texas #1  

kybadcat36

Has anyone bought a John Deere package from them? The package prices seem to be good on a new tractor. I live in Kentucky and the prices at Foster's can't be touched around here. I would like to have a little infomation before I drive from Ky to Texas and pull a tractor back.

/ Foster's Texas #2  
Badcat,

I was just at Fosters weekend before last. Top notch A1 service.

If your interested I can give you their best salesman's contact info.

DEF DEF DEF worth buying from them. Only dealer I have been to where they actually take the time to talk to you about the equipment you are looking for.

Paul

/ Foster's Texas #3  
Wow, I can't believe the responses I'm seeing. They were at least $1-2K more for the tractor I was looking to buy. There was a place up by college station that had their prices beat by at least $2K, can't remember the name off hand. I'll check my paperwork if need be. Also the place in Bay City was a little cheaper.

Good luck.

/ Foster's Texas #4  
Goose,

What part of SE texas are you in?

/ Foster's Texas #5  
Wow, I can't believe the responses I'm seeing. They were at least $1-2K more for the tractor I was looking to buy. There was a place up by college station that had their prices beat by at least $2K, can't remember the name off hand. I'll check my paperwork if need be. Also the place in Bay City was a little cheaper.

Good luck.

Maybe Brooksideusa?

/ Foster's Texas #6  
Has anyone bought a John Deere package from them? The package prices seem to be good on a new tractor. I live in Kentucky and the prices at Foster's can't be touched around here. I would like to have a little infomation before I drive from Ky to Texas and pull a tractor back.

Have you looked at Mutton power equipment? They should be closer to you. They have an ad on TBN on the main "buying pricing" page. JC

/ Foster's Texas #7  
Depends on which one you're talking about. I deal with Hockley. I bought my last JD from them and got prices from 3 others (Brookside, CP Navasota, and Giddings) they beat them all. It had to be ordered so it was a good compairson. A friend just bought a 5055E off the lot and Giddings beat everyone. For parts and service I can't say enough nice things about them for tractors, gaters, and Eztracks. I take my baler to Navasota though. As a general rule though, Fosters is usually very competitive and great to work with.

/ Foster's Texas #8  
Depends on which one you're talking about. I deal with Hockley. I bought my last JD from them and got prices from 3 others (Brookside, CP Navasota, and Giddings) they beat them all. It had to be ordered so it was a good compairson. A friend just bought a 5055E off the lot and Giddings beat everyone. For parts and service I can't say enough nice things about them for tractors, gaters, and Eztracks. I take my baler to Navasota though. As a general rule though, Fosters is usually very competitive and great to work with.

Ever wonder why one of the first questions from any salesman at a dealer is something to the effect of 'where do you live'?

If you reside/farm/ ect. in Hockley and are dealing with Foster's in Hockley then they will be cheaper than other dealers outside your area because they can give you discounts from JD that the other dealers cannot by their agreement with JD.

It's a practice with JD that your local dealer can always beat an out of area dealer on new equipment as long as they will actually pass on the discounts that JD makes availableto them.

At least that's what I have found.

/ Foster's Texas #9  

As far as Foster's goes, they are a large advertising multi-store dealer. They evidently sell a lot of tractors and I have never heard anything negative about them. I've been in their Hockley store many times for various things as it's an easy stop on the drive between Houston and Austin. They have a nice place there and everyone I've talked to has been knowledgable and friendly. Just be sure you compare apples to apples before making a long drive like that.

Also, keep service issues with your local dealer in mind.

/ Foster's Texas #10  
Correction, I got Fosters confused with Brookside. I did get a quote from Fosters, however, and they were still not the cheapest by at least $1K. I would have to dig through my files. What tractor are you looking at?

Apologies to Fosters. Brookside and Fosters pretty much have the corner on Houston JD equipment and I got them confused.

Good luck.