Price Check 2007 John Deere 4720 Cab

/ 2007 John Deere 4720 Cab #1  
Hello everyone

I've found a 2007 John Deere 4720, 4wd, Cab, hydrostatic transmission, R4 tires and 167 hours. It has a 400CX Loader, with bucket, pallet fork and bale spike. Also included is a Woods 6' finish mower (RD7200), Woods 6' box blade, Woods 3-point quick hitch and a set of mounted turf tires. Cab has radio, cruise control, front and rear lights. It has been stored inside. :thumbsup:

The asking price is 34,000. I haven't driven the tractor or inspected it in person yet, but the pictures look very promising. Any thoughts on price? :confused: I've looked at TractorHouse, but it is hard to find an apples to apples comparison.

sf

/ 2007 John Deere 4720 Cab #2  
How about pricing a new one out on Deere's web site to see what current MSRP is, then deduct 15% - 18% to get street price.

That should give you an idea whether or not the owner is asking too much for the rig.

You could call a Woods dealer and find out what the current going rate is for the implements you listed below.

/ 2007 John Deere 4720 Cab #3  
sound good to me.........

/ 2007 John Deere 4720 Cab #4  
Hello everyone

I've found a 2007 John Deere 4720, 4wd, Cab, hydrostatic transmission, R4 tires and 167 hours. It has a 400CX Loader, with bucket, pallet fork and bale spike. Also included is a Woods 6' finish mower (RD7200), Woods 6' box blade, Woods 3-point quick hitch and a set of mounted turf tires. Cab has radio, cruise control, front and rear lights. It has been stored inside. :thumbsup:

The asking price is 34,000. I haven't driven the tractor or inspected it in person yet, but the pictures look very promising. Any thoughts on price? :confused: I've looked at TractorHouse, but it is hard to find an apples to apples comparison.

sf

The tractor compares to a new 4520's power, so is a good comparison imho. The price of $34,000 you mentioned is about the same as the new 4520 with the extra wheels. So when comparing to a brand new unit what you are getting in return for the used status and those few hours are the loader and implements.

/ 2007 John Deere 4720 Cab #5  
The tractor compares to a new 4520's power, so is a good comparison imho. The price of $34,000 you mentioned is about the same as the new 4520 with the extra wheels. So when comparing to a brand new unit what you are getting in return for the used status and those few hours are the loader and implements.

That price is for a base 4520 with cab and ehycro, not with a loader, Tires, or the other options. The loader will run you around 5K new alone so there is a lot more on this 4720. I Agree about the old 4720 = new 4520.

Need to include the details when pricing that's what kills you, all the extras. :)

/ 2007 John Deere 4720 Cab #6  
That price is for a base 4520 with cab and ehycro, not with a loader, Tires, or the other options. The loader will run you around 5K new alone so there is a lot more on this 4720. I Agree about the old 4720 = new 4520.

Need to include the details when pricing that's what kills you, all the extras. :)

Orlo,
I bought my 4520 cab last year with 6 front weights,6 rear weights, upgraded cruise, rear work lights, rear hydraulic outlet, rear wiper, R4 tires, front hoodguard and epto for $34,000. If you consider the extra set of tires and wheels that would make a base tractor very close to this price. The exchange in hours and used status is compensated by the loader and implements. If the tractor has additional options that just free stuff.:D

/ 2007 John Deere 4720 Cab #7  
That cabbed tractor with those options, FEL, pallet forks, bale spike ect. at that price, is really a good deal IMHO. You maybe a able to get him down some if that is his original asking price. I would then hit the "BUY IT NOW" button.:D
The real question is, do you need all those attachments. If not, then you are buying stuff you don't need unless you resale it or lower the price and don't buy the attachments you don't want/need.

/ 2007 John Deere 4720 Cab
I already have a good 6' Bush Hog rear discharge finish mower and I doubt I would ever use the turf tires. The pallet forks and box blade are needed and I can go either way on the bale spike. I would like to add a backhoe, so I might sell the mower and turf tires to help offset the price of a new backhoe.

sf

/ 2007 John Deere 4720 Cab #9  
Orlo,
I bought my 4520 cab last year with 6 front weights,6 rear weights, upgraded cruise, rear work lights, rear hydraulic outlet, rear wiper, R4 tires, front hoodguard and epto for $34,000. If you consider the extra set of tires and wheels that would make a base tractor very close to this price. The exchange in hours and used status is compensated by the loader and implements. If the tractor has additional options that just free stuff.:D

Free stuff is always good. :)

/ 2007 John Deere 4720 Cab #10  
Sawdust Farmer,
If you are heading in the direction of a tlb why not look into a 110tlb? It has a better fel and backhoe than what you are looking at, and can be purchased with a diverter and three front and three rear hydraulic circuits. I have a Laurin cab and ac too.