Tractor News Thumb available for 485 backhoe

/ Thumb available for 485 backhoe #1  

vsumoski

Silver Member
Tractor
Deere 4520
Thumb available for 485 & 375 backhoe

While once again going through the configurator, trying to design my dream tractor, I noticed that a thumb is available for 2010 model 485 backhoes with a serial number greater than LV0485X030000. Have not looked deeper yet, thought I would spread the news first.
Ah spring, gotta love it! :)
Vince

Last edited:
   / Thumb available for 485 backhoe #2  
Can you post a link to it? I tried to look on the configurator but came up with nothing. This maybe a great new option.

Matt

/ Thumb available for 485 backhoe
Here's the link to the parts catalog:
John Deere - Parts Catalog
Click on attachments, sectional index, 50-485 backhoe, thumb kit.

Pretty high cost for mechanical i.e. non-articulating or hydraulic.

It looks like it's available for the 375 also.

Vince

Last edited:
   / Thumb available for 485 backhoe #4  
Yess...! Finally! Although it looks like it slides up and down on the rail from the dipper. Wonder how you fix the position or angle of the thumb to the bucket?

I can see a hyd cylinder plumbed into the 3rd SCV on the rear of the tractor. QD's and 2-way joystick mounted on the hoe. :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ Thumb available for 485 backhoe #5  
Yess...! Finally! Although it looks like it slides up and down on the rail from the dipper. Wonder how you fix the position or angle of the thumb to the bucket?

I can see a hyd cylinder plumbed into the 3rd SCV on the rear of the tractor. QD's and 2-way joystick mounted on the hoe. :thumbsup:

AKfish

For the one I'm designing, I am using a manual diverter valve and the left stabilizer control. That way the connection to the tractor stays the same, and the control handle is already mounted. Only question is should the diverter be a foot control, or knob on the top.

/ Thumb available for 485 backhoe #6  
Now to see if I can get it to work on my 448. I don't see a price what are you guys seeing?

Matt

/ Thumb available for 485 backhoe #7  
I also have a 448 and would LOVE a hyd thumb for it. I don't see it listed but have a call into the dealer to see if it is available.

/ Thumb available for 485 backhoe
Now to see if I can get it to work on my 448. I don't see a price what are you guys seeing?

Matt

485 Thumb - LVB26057 - $895.00
375 Thumb - LVB26056 - $695.00

Vince

/ Thumb available for 485 backhoe #9  
It's hard to tell how the thumb is fixed to the hoe. But if the 485 an 448 use the same size bucket pin and I'm pretty sure they do I can't see why it wouldn't fit. I'm going to contact my dealer as well.

Matt

/ Thumb available for 485 backhoe #10  
It appears this could work on a 448, but, it may need a new dipperstick Part No. LVA16972. This one has a top hole for the 1" x 8" cap screw for the thumb to attach with. Otherwise the non-thumb dipperstick, Part No. LVA13583 is used on both the 448 and 485.